Chapter 25

Raven's POV
Roxana's eyes widened.

"What's wrong?"

"He's wants me to join his live!"

She got up and ran off with her phone.

"Damn. I've never seen her that happy."

"Babe I'm really worried about Mally. I've never seen him like this. It's killing me. I-I can't help him right now."

"I know. I wish I could help him too. Is this the first time....he's been this depressed?"

She nodded. I stood up. I walked over to her. I stood behind and chair and started hugging her from behind. I put my chin on her head.

"I wish...I stayed up."

"I know. I know."

She wasn't the same while, he was in the hospital. She tossed and turned those 4 weeks.

"He should be home any day now MJ."

She covered her face with her pillow.

"This sucks!"

I moved the pillow away from her face.

"He's coming home soon."

I laid down next to her. I held my arms out.

"Come here."

She rushed into my arms. She started crying into my chest. I started rubbing her back. I didn't know what to say. Her nails started digging into my skin.

"I should've stayed up!"

"Shhhh. Don't do that."

She curled up into a ball.

"I've got you."

"Don't leave me! I-I don't want to be alone!"

"Shhh. I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay here as long as you need me."

He better get his ass home soon.

I should mention that...I'm still getting night terrors.

I can't right now.

She shouldn't have to worry about me and her brother at the same time.

Marionette sniffled.

"I-I feel rude."

"Huh?"

"H-how are you? B-be honest."

"No. I don't want you to worry about me."

She picked her head up.

"I always worry about you."

"I still have night terrors."

"I-I knew it."

She put one of her hands on my left cheek. I started wiping away tears.

"You don't have to worry about me 24/7. If there's something wrong, I'll tell you."

She sniffled again.

"I don't want you to worry about me right now. Worry about you and your family."

I moved some of her hair out of her way. I kissed her.

"I-I don't like being selfish."

"Mari...it's okay to be selfish sometimes. Now's one of these times. Don't focus on me. I'll manage. You need to focus on what's in front of you."

"Y-you're in front of me."

"That's not my point. I'm trying to tell you to just "Stop worrying about me for now." worry about your family."

"Y-you're not getting my point."

"Huh?"

"Y-you're part of my family. You're telling me to worry about you."

"Y-you think...I-I'm part of your family?"

"I'm not supposed to?"

"I-I wasn't expecting you to say that. MJ....is this true?"

"O-of course it is. I'm dating you a-and I'm having a baby with you."

She smiled a little.

"You're part of my family too."

My phone pinged.

"Welp...that's one way to kill the mood."

I picked up my phone and saw the worse text, I had ever gotten.

Mom:Get over here now! I want Bethany OUT of Novalyn's life!!!

"FUCK!"

I jumped up.

"Are you dressed?"

"Yeah why?"

"You're coming with me to my house. Bethany fucked up big time."

We ran out to my car. My heart was racing. At my house, I started shaking. I had my house key out but my hand wouldn't stay still. Marionette took my key out of my hand. She unlocked the door. She opened the door and all I heard why crying. I ran inside. I saw Novalyn covered in bruises. I dropped to my knees. A tear slid down my face. I gulped. Novalyn saw me and ran over to me. I was scared to hug her. I didn't want to hurt her anymore. My heart was pounding. I slowly wrapped my arms around her. I started crying.

"They guy Bethany is with...he's changing her. Cut her off."

I nodded.

"P-please don't tell me...I'm losing her."

"You're not. I already talked to CPS. I assumed them that, she's safe here."

I sniffled.

"I'm so sorry bug!"

I carefully picked her up. I walked over to the couch and put sat down without putting her down. I started rocking her.

"W-what happened?"

"I-I don't w-want B-Bethany t-to be m-my m-mommy."