Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 54: A strange blade appeared.

Start from the beginning

As I hid, I saw two men clad in shiny armour, but they didn't have any sort of weapon with them, which made me weave my brows together in puzzlement.

'Odd,' I thought to myself as I let these two soldiers pass. 

After confirming that those duo are truly gone, I walked out from hiding and went back to find any kind of sharp tools in the mansion. However, no matter how much I search, I only find decorations. There is no single blade or sword in this building, and that's really strange considering that this place has so many treasures that would tempt anyone to steal. 

What I find more weird is that the soldiers or guards I saw passing by are only clad in shiny armors. They also don't have any weapons with them, and that's really perplexing.

'Are they not afraid of being raided?'

My brows knitted; I remembered how I got into this situation for being framed as a thief. That made me feel more determined to find a blade or something.

I walk in the mansion, searching for a tool or anything that can be used as a weapon. Whenever I hear footsteps, I would hide in the corner waiting for them to disappear, then I would go back to searching right after.

I don't want to show my face to them; just in case they decide to frame me with another ridiculous crime. So, I would continue to sneak and hide unless I found myself a weapon. I won't feel confident unless I have a sharp tool with me. 

For the duration of the time, I have nothing in my head but weapons. I need a pointed razor.

Sword, dagger, sabre, and anything sharp is all I could think of in my head.

"Blade, I need a blade, something piercing and fast…" I mumbled to myself like a lunatic. 

I stride my legs as my eyes roam around, searching for anything sharp. "Razor pointed steel…"

Shing~

Startled, I took a step back as I stared at my right…hand?

A white blade appeared all of a sudden, but the pointed object went out in my wrist. No, it didn't suddenly appear but transformed. My eyes widened in utter shock, staring flabbergasted at my right hand that turned to a sharp blade. 

"What the heck…" I mumbled.

I gulped, hanging my mouth open. 

"This is my hand…right?" I asked, feeling doubtful in my heart. 

Weaving my eyebrows together, I raise my left hand, sliding down the tip of my fingers to the side of the blade. As my skin made contact with it, only the texture of my own flesh was felt. Like I'm just touching my own hand. 

This could only mean that this white blade is indeed my hand. No, this is the forged white hand that Joan made for me. Truman said that it was made from a white horn, right?

I was about to check more, but I suddenly heard heavy clomping steps from afar; resounding in my ears from a distance. I turn my head to where the echoes were coming from, feeling alarm in my heart. 

The light from the stone-wall displayed shadows of more than four to five people clad in armor from head to toe. My brows knitted as I turned to look at my right hand once more. Seeing the weird white blade attached to my right wrist, this made me decide to hide first.

Yes, I need to hide again. I'm not afraid of fighting anymore, but I can't use something I know nothing about. Moving my legs to hide behind the shadows of the wall, I hid silently at the corner of a wall, but suddenly, my right hand started to tremble. I felt a foreboding in my heart, glancing at the quivering white blade, sending vibrations to my body.