24- In The Arms Of A Friend

Edited (very small addition to conversation): 07/dec/22
And 9/june/23

Originally published: 14/August/22

Jimin was carefully balancing a tray containing a warm bowl of soup and a vegetable dish, carrying it to their master bedroom were his husband lays, recuperating from a major surgery. A heart transplant.

It has been over three months since his life-threatening, miraculous procedure because as timely as a miracle should be, a heart from an organ donor was available after years of waiting and they were able to perform it to him successfully at the time he needed it most urgently.

Presently he is recovering wonderfully well according to his specialists, on regular check ups, immunosuppressants to prevent rejection and infection, and on cardiac rehabilitation program.

Nurse Hobi opened the door for Jimin and he silently entered the peaceful but sombre room. Hobi left the room to give the couple their much needed time alone.

Yoongi was semi-sitting on their bed, looking out the window, his thoughts seemed so distant and deep.

Jimin placed the tray on the bedside table and as calmly as he entered, he spoke, "Yoongie, I've prepared a delicious meal for you. They are nutritious and recommended for you. You have to finish this, okay?"

"Get out, Jimin. Get Hobi back here." Yoongi said it with a neutral tone of voice but it was withdrawn and cold as always, and again striking a wounding pain in Jimin's heart.

"I-I want to be the one to feed you this time, Yoongie."

"I can feed myself. How many times do I have to tell you, Jimin, I don't need you here anymore." He said monotonously, his face devoid of any emotion, gaze averted at the window.

"V-Very well, then. As you wished Yoongie bear." He defeatedly complied with a weak smile.

"Please stop calling me that." This time he scoffed.

"O-Okay. I-It's become a habit, I guess. I'm sorry." And with a heavy heart started to turn away.

"Why are you still here Jimin? Why haven't you signed the divorce paper yet? Why can't you just make it easier for both of us?"

"I- I want to take care of you... Perhaps if.. when you feel better.. you'll ch-change your mind..."

"I won't ever take you back again, Jimin. I told you.. I don't love you anymore. How many times do I have to tell you that? How many times will you allow me to hurt you? When have you become so insensitive or are you a masochist or something?"

"Have your meal, Yoongi. I'll come back to take the tray after."

"You need not come back." Yoongi deadpanned.

Jimin just silently walked away, closed the door behind him gently. He sadly swallowed the pain in his throat and wiped the tears that sprung from his eyes, accepting the icy reception of his husband. He has every right to treat him that way. He thought that maybe after Yoongi will feel much more himself and be fully healed, he will forgive him and maybe they would become friends again.

He asked Hobi to go back inside and look after his husband.

And as soon as Jimin left, Yoongi's gaze turned towards the closed door, his grieving eyes piercing into it, hoping he can still see Jimin's standing form there.

*****************

Jimin walked along the gardens, breathing in the crisp night air. It's early spring in Seoul. The cherry blossoms are starting to bloom and so are other spring flowers, but it is night time and the moon was in full bloom in the sky, much more beautiful than any dimly illuminated flowers in that garden that scented the night air, Jimin thought.