22- Pt. 1 In Between Two Breathless Hearts

Jimin cried out Jungkook's name, as soon as he saw his upper eyelids drooped to close his eyes, tears escaping from their corners.

The smaller continues to sob a harrowing sound. He begins to feel the weight of Jungkook's limp body straining his arms, pulling him down and he bent and unsteadily laid his unmoving body on the sand, supporting Jungkook's upper body, shoulders and head cradled over his upper arm.

He tried to wake him up, calling his name over and over, a river of tears flowing from his mournful eyes but Jungkook remained unresponsive while his cloth at the back continues to be soaked with blood and have also stained the other's clothes.

He looked up to see Sung-Won standing still, shock written all over his face looking at the motionless form of Jungkook.

His hand with the gun was down by his side, shaking heavily, but he is still clenching the gun tightly. He shakes his head in strong denial, totally discomposed. "I-I didn't mean.. J-Jungkook.. I did't mean to hurt him... I didn't want.."

"Y-You, you s-shot him. You killed him! Why don't you kill me now too Sung-Won! Shoot me! Shoot me! I might as well die with him!" Jimin tearfully raged, his glare although filled with agony and blurry with tears, were also blazing with uncontrolled fury at Sung-won. He forgets to be scared or fearful for his life as he felt there was no more reason for him to live if Jungkook is gone, forgetting everyone else, including his waiting, cardiac-illed husband.

"He died because of you Jimin! Even at the last moment he is a fool for you! A fool! Taking a bullet for a piece of shit like you!" Sung-Won slowly lifts his hand to point the gun at the screaming man he hates, the one who he actually intended to kill.

And a loud, terrifying sound of another gunshot resonated in the air.

_____________________

*AN HOUR AGO IN SEOUL*

(Please take note of the time frame above)

Yoongi grips the phone so hard that if it was a glass, it will break into tiny pieces. His knuckles turning white, veins bulging angrily under the pale softness of his skin. His face contorted with anger but a glimmer of sorrow and hurt mingle in his stormy, darkened eyes. His hands are trembling with the shocking revelation.

He has been worried and restless after talking to Jimin on the phone. The weirdness and the feeling of something wrong lingered in his mind. Hence, he decided to call Eun-ha and was able to force the truth out of her. He immediately called his reliable contacts in Jeju to find out Jimin's whereabouts and after just a few gruelling minutes of waiting, he found out the truth, that caused his current distraught and furious countenance.

The informant traced Jimin's location through Namjoon as he was the last person Jimin interacted with and knew everything about the boat on which Jimin had boarded. The contact capably dragged information from Namjoon and another unlikely person named Sung-Won who accordingly is Jungkook's close friend and who's presence there in Jeju was timely as he was also searching for Jungkook and Jimin.

He can't believe Jimin would lie to him, betray him! But he was doubting that perhaps Jimin was being forced and threatened by Jungkook but the latter reason is less convincing for him. He was certainly lied to and had been cheated on! His breathing became labored and his face twisted in pain as he gripped his chest, feeling a squeezing, tightness in his heart.

"Sir Yoongi, what's wrong?!" His nurse asked worriedly. Yoongi had became pale and was beginning to sweat.

"J-Jimin, how c- could he.. he... m-my heart...aaagh!"

Hobi immediately made him rest on bed and hurriedly called the medical emergency hotline. Not wasting a second, he gave him his emergency medications, put on him his oxygen mask and turned on the oxygen tank on his bedside and tried to calm his patient. Since having all the necessary medical supplies, he quickly inserted an intravenous line and monitored his vitals, as he waited for the ambulance to arrive.

______________

*MORE THAN TWO (2) YEARS LATER*

(Pls. take note of the time frame again to avoid confusion)

A young, petite man about the age of seventeen was sitting on the beach, a sketchbook on his lap and a pencil on his hand, gazing at the sea from time to time as he tries to sketch the beautiful scenery before him. It was early evening, the sun is slowly setting, therefore the sky above him was revealing magnificent burst of colors.

In the distance, he saw a small, beautiful, graceful figure in white, appearing from the beautiful white beach house to walk along the shore then it stood still for quite a while, gazing at the horizon, its white flowy clothes dancing with the breeze.

The teenager instantly had a hair-raising, shivering prediction of who it was. He observed the figure as it remained just standing there. He looked down and closed his sketchbook, fixed his things and pulled himself to stand but when he looked up to see the figure, it was gone.

The young man ran to their house in the open patio, panting, where his aunt was typing concentratingly on her laptop.

"Ee-mo! Auntie Eun-ha! I saw the ghost you've told me about! The one in your novel! The Jeju Sunset ghost you call. Oh my God, it's true, that neighboring beach house is haunted! I saw him walk from that house. He does appear during sunset, the time that he and his lover died and he stood probably right there in the spot where they both died! I'm having goosebumps all over!"

"Beomgyu, what did I tell you about sneaking a drink. It's too early for alcohol. Your mother will kill me if she finds out I'm letting you." His aunt Eun-ha replied noncommittedly.

"But I don't drink Auntie. I am sketching and suddenly I saw this figure came out from that house and was walking along the shore, stood still for some time and, puff! disappeared just like that. It's eerie.. but saddening too. I feel a sudden ache for his tragic story." Beomgyu's face was crestfallen.

"Hhmm yes, tragic indeed."

"People are saying, even uncle Byung-ho, that your book was inspired by a true story, is that true? Why can't every love story be a happy one? And why did people love your novel? It's too sad. Losing the man you love, losing your husband, then you died. It's like what's the use of such a story? What do you get from it? And how gruesome is that?!"

"Well, some people love angst. There's art and a sad beauty in tragedy that touches people. Anyways, can you please prepare us dinner dear please. I just need to finish my second novel. Forget about the ghost and let it be."

Eun-ha gazed out at the wide open space of golden skies and serene, calm waters, bowed her head in contemplation and sighed heavily, 'I'm so sorry Jimin, I am so sorry Jungkook.' She mumbled to herself. She shook her head as if to put her disturbing thoughts away and started typing again.

 She shook her head as if to put her disturbing thoughts away and started typing again

********************
THE END

OOPS! SORRY NOT THE END YET. 🙄😬🥴🙂 JUST WANT TO KID AROUND.

Hope you'll stay with me up to the end though.

And I thank you always for your support, comments and votes. I truly, really appreciate them all and it makes me want to keep going.

Hope everyone's doing okay.

Take care. Borahae 💜