Miss You

It isn't too busy today, but it feels like it with Haruhi not here anymore

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It isn't too busy today, but it feels like it with Haruhi not here anymore. The stuff I need to put away piles up and Taki surfaces for once, helping out a few customers. It may have only been a month, but I'd already gotten used to her being here. I feel like I'm spending the whole day trying to catch up.

"Don't you feel like you're always running behind?" I ask Taki when it finally settles down for the afternoon.

He chuckles once. "I'm used to it. Believe it or not, this isn't even the hardest day of the week for me."

My shoulders slump over and I worry if there's a day he has to be alone for an amount of time. What else could be harder than there only being two of us?

It occurs to me that he's here before I arrive and stays after I've left and I really pity him. Is retail always this understaffed?

I do my best to restock everything before I go to break and manage to clean off a sticky shelf or two. I also find a little unexpected surprise.

I frown, pulling out a half eaten thing of sushi. Someone seriously opened this in the store and put it back after taking a few bites? Some people! I purse my lips, upset that it was the one I usually get during break and it's the last one. I'm going to have to catch this person. But when did they do it? During the rush? If only Haruhi were here.

I sigh sadly, taking the lost product over to Taki so he can mark it off. He sends me to lunch right after.

Because she's been on my mind all day anyway, I decide to throw her a text.

Me: Hows it going at the hotel? Are they treating you well?

Haruhi: The freaking host club followed me here!!! I was very careful not to tell them where I was going too!

Haruhi: Tbh, I miss it over there already

A small smile forms on my lips and I spend the lunch telling her about the missing sushi.

Haruhi: Some people 😑

I laugh at that last part, having thought the same, and return to work a little happier. Another surprise awaits me, though.

"That sounds really unique, actually." Taki nods, noticing me soon after. "Hey! Got a visitor."

Akari waves. "How's it going?"

"Oh! Just got back from lunch. I'm sorry." I lower my head a small blush on my cheeks. "If I'd have known you were here, I'd have spent it with you."

"Oh, don't worry about it." She waves at me dismissively. "I actually came here for something else."

In her hands is a bag of stuffing.

"Are you making something?" I ask, clocking in behind the counter.