lighter

Wheein POV

I'm with two of my friends enjoying the first week of summer on the Island. It's refreshing and healing for us that's exhausted and burnout from work. A day or two of holidays and spending it in a good way to compensate for our hardwork. Our attention was caught by the nearby group of people's loud noise and laughter.

"It's annoying!"  Said by Byulie.

"You don't own the place Byulie!" Yong shut her. Between these two, I don't know how I've become friends with them, always bickering with each other.

I stood and started to walk back to our room. Still heard the two bickers.

"It's all your fault, you always start the fight. Look Wheein gets irritated because of you." Yong said to Byul.

"Huh! Why me? I just said they are annoying! How the hell does it make her pissed? It's your fault! Aish! I want to sealed that fucking mouth of yours." Byul said by murmuring the last sentence.

"What did you just say! I hear you!" Yong said.

"Nevermind!" Byul got up and started to trail back in their room look behind and call Yong.

"What? Why are you still standing there? Come on." Byul said in a soft tone. Yong eventually followed without remorse but shot a glare with the taller as Byul extended her arm.

"Don't touch me!" Yong hissed, earning a chuckle from Byul. She really loves to annoy her.

At the hotel room they find me sitting on the balcony strumming Yong's guitar to mellow rhythm.

"Whee, want to stroll the restaurant and shop around the area?"

I was contemplating if I want to stick with these two or just stay and take a rest because it was all I wanted but I feel I'll regret later if I don't explore and make some memories for myself. 

I just nodded. I know they still need to get ready. I'll wait for them here till we're good to go.

We all find a good place to dine and drinks later that night near the hotel we are accomodating for safety also when we get drunk. I feel a bit light headed seeing the empty bottles on the side.  The two keep murmuring and chuckling with their own lame drunken jokes. I look like a third wheeler here. I stand and say I'll just take a breath outside.  I was standing on the side leaning on the raillings looking at the serene dance of the waves from the shore feeling the refreshing cool night summer breeze. I'm playing a lighter on my hand not that I'm smoking but it's out of a habit and it's from someone special to me.  It gives me a certain comfort whenever I hold it.

"Hi, can i?" I looked around and it was me who she was talking about. I feel dumb when she raise her hand holding her thin cigarette.

I stupidly look at my hand and then back again to her and she smiles. A smile that no one can deny. I open the lid and press the button but it won't lit. I tried again and again and started feeling embarrassed. I heeve a little player to light it up to save my pride in front of this gorgeous lady. She's already holding my hand to cover the fire but this one fails me now. I wanted to curse at it but she cutely giggled and stared at me.

"You're someone easily annoyed are you?"
She said full of conviction on her voice.

"Not really," I stared at the lighter and looked back again at her. "It's really working. May out of oil. Well, I'm not smoking but... I... I.. oh! Nevermind. There's a convinience store nearby." I said stammering at my words. Hardly thinking why this vintage lighter won't light.

"I don't mind. Don't worry. You don't have to feel sorry. I'm the one asking for a favor remember. "

She smiles genuinely and plays the stick on her fingers. I thought that would make her want to leave and head back to her friends but she looked inside and waved to her.