My Angel (wheesun)

Wheesun story

Wheein POV

I was living alone in Seoul, South Korea for 2 years now and am about to go back to the Philippines after graduating from a short course in Fine Arts. It's not my choice but my guardian will. Atty. Kim Yongsun. When my parents died, all their wealth has been transferred to Atty. Kim not unless I got married legally and of the right age and in my free will. When the marriage was proven nulled and void in any circumstances all the inheritance will go to charity and that's left me furious it's my inheritance as a matter of fact why they have resulted in such will. It'll leave me no choice but to follow.

Due to my consistent intractable behavior towards her, she gives me an ultimatum. Never thought It was the last night I'll join my friends lubing in BGC when one guy in the group on the crowded dance floor try to make out with me against my will and he keep on pushing his chance but I rejected him. I just want some fun not to sell my soul and body to the devil or someone I don't deserve to give my precious body to.

We ended up in the precinct to my wonder whoever called the police to arrest the guy who tried to harass me. To my total disappointment No Atty. Kim or Yongsun shadows came for me. But Manang Annie, I'm expecting her as my guardian to be present. Well, I know I've been so bitchy and bratty towards her lately. Recalling the last argument we had that makes her furious and pinned me to bed that unforgettable moment of my life. Finally, admitting to myself what I felt for her only breaks my heart after.

"Wheein Hija?... Wheeinie?!" An old woman calls me and brings my mind to the present. The woman is like my grandmother. She works with my parents ever since I'm not yet been conceived.

"Manang, Where's Yongsun?" I asked looking far behind if she just came after her but based on her agitation. I know what it already means.

"Hija, She's out of town. You know work-related. Kuh, She's always busy, wait I'll just talk to the officer in charge for us to go home." I left seated on the corner furious inside.

She doesn't even come for me. She always said she'll protect me, she'll be there for me. Swear in my parent's grave that she'll be at my side but she's always absent. Sometimes I want to think she's here because she's just after the money. Why do I keep hoping she'll notice and like me the way I want her to like me. I have been a good girl but she takes me for granted. All I get was a "Good job. "
"That's great, Wheeinie."

All the promises and praises that I never felt any trace of sincerity. She's always in a hurry or busy with her work or at her home office. That I always felt I'm a hindrance to her work. That's when I finally knew how to get her attention by doing something she hates me doing.

Yeah, I know we're both women but it doesn't matter to me as long as we both felt the same. I can feel she like me too. One moment she'll show me care and sweetness but the next minutes she'll be cold and distant again.

"Wheeinie..."

My thoughts get interrupted by a faint voice. I look up at her standing in front of me.

"Let's go." She said giving me her shawl. I wear a tubeless red dress and 6in heels. I never felt cold not in this moment I felt Manang Annie's sincere affection. I head out first and find our driver waiting outside the police station. I get inside in silence and lean my head back. I'm a bit drunk and lightheaded. Wish this continues the feeling of rejection towards her end but how. I don't know, if only I can tell my heart to stop hoping and wishing to forget her or this feeling.

At home, I walked straight to my room and lay in my bed, and let the sleep takes away all the hurts and disappointment washed away into my sleep.

In the morning,