Volume 2 - The Beginning of the End| 52: No time to doubt.

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"By the way…" Joan Truman mumbled beside me.

I turn to her as I snap out of my thoughts. 

Joan places the pipe between her lips, taking a deep smoke, then releasing it in an O-shape. "How is your right hand? Do you feel anything uncomfortable? Tell me if you feel anything odd."

My brows creased; I stared at my weird hand that looked white as milk. "It doesn't feel strange, but…why does it look different?"

"Because your right hand is made of a white horn," Joan Truman answered calmly, puffing circle smoke in the air again.

My furrowed brows deepen in perplexity. "White horn? Why didn't you use my original severed hand?"

"Your severed hand is already rotting. Too much time has already passed by the time we arrive at the dregs arena," Joan Truman explained. "We actually almost didn't make it, to be honest."

My eyes widened in alarm as I hurriedly asked, "then you probably have seen Pula, right?"

"Pula again?" Joan Truman asked back confused. "I don't know who Pula is, but I only saw you, that ex-classmate of mine Alex, and that mythic monster on the ground next to you," she explained.

Joan then glanced at me as she questioned, "are you perhaps talking about that mythic monster?"

I nodded hurriedly. "Pula is my familiar, she had red, no, pink furs and four white horns," I replied, staring expectantly at Joan Truman. "If you saw her, could you tell me if she's doing fine?"

Joan Truman tilted her head, staring at the ceiling as she pondered. 

"Hmm, how unusual, I thought that mythic monster was Alexandra's…but it turns out that," Joan paused, looking down at my right hand.

My brows weaved together in worry but I didn't interrupt as I waited for her to continue. I held my breath on edge, feeling my heart banging in jittery; my intestines rolling around unease in my stomach. 

Joan Truman shrugs as she continued, "anyway, that familiar of yours is being taken care of by Alex in the underground floor of the Cassidy Mansion."

Hearing those words made me release a sigh of relief; my lips voluntarily formed to a relaxed smile. 

As long as Pula is fine and alive then everything is still well. We could still start anew then live a hermit life in the forest. Right, I can't forget about Alexandra and the others. After everything is settled, Pula and I will go to the forest to live a peaceful hermit life. 

I chuckled to myself, feeling elated in my heart. This time I will definitely learn how to fight; in order to protect everyone dear to me in this world. I look up, gazing at the painting on the ceiling. I feel hopeful again in my heart. Everything can be fixed again. 

I turned to glance at Truman with a grateful smile. "Thank you for answering, Joan. You don't know how much those words mean to me."

"Don't mention it, anyway, since you're all well and fine now, do you want to go there?" Joan Truman said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. 

My brows furrowed, staring at her. "Joan, I don't want to meet that woman," I said as I recalled those memories again. "At least not now…"

"I mean… to your familiar," Joan Truman replied. "Do you want to go to Pula, is what I mean."

My eyes widened in anticipation, nodding my head heedlessly. "Yes," I replied almost immediately. "Of course I want to."

Joan Truman grinned at my answer as she stood up. "Then let's go," she said, beckoning for me to follow as she sauntered to the door and exited out. "I'll bring you there myself."

I BECAME THE VILLAIN OF A NOVEL | BOOK Iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें