⁴Epilogue

Surprisingly, Leslie ran into Braden frequently after that day.

When she walked through the streets for grocery shopping, when she went to see new swords at the blacksmith's, when she helped the store next to her on spring festival days, when she was invited to a big temple event, when she saved her pocket money and went out to buy something delicious...

'What is this? I've never run into him before...'

Leslie had lived for 17 years, and had hardly ever encountered the Little Duke of Wade up close except in the swordsmanship competition.

This was because the radius of her life, which was mainly the inn and the market, was not intertwined with the nobles.

Her life had not changed, so it was clear that Braden's movements had changed.

'Well, now he has won a sword fight. I guess he wants to make his name known to the capital.'

Leslie shrugged it off.

In fact, among many commoners, Braden's actions were highly evaluated.

"But isn't the Little Duke really easy-going? To think he is attending the event where a large number of commoners gather. Discriminatory aristocrats don't show up for this."

"He even goes around here and there for a long time. It means he's not just showing his face."

But Leslie, contrary to public opinion, just looked at Braden and felt bad.

Because every once in a while, Braden always talked to her.

"Are you training hard? You still don't want to join the Knights of Wade?"

Leslie answered politely each time.

"Yes, I'm working hard. Thank you again for your good suggestion. I'll take my time and think about it."

It was not a bad picture for others to see.

The winner of the prestigious aristocracy who generously reached out to the commoner who won second place in the last swordsmanship competition.

But Leslie just didn't like him.

If you explain it to someone, they'd say it was crazy, but every time she encountered Braden, she felt a strange sense of incompatibility in his expression.

He was kind and friendly to everyone, but whenever he made eye contact with her, he would look cold in the moment.

As if he were in a very low mood, as if he were very annoyed by his eye contact with her.

She thought he was really conscious of her... It was just her feeling. Why would that great Little Duke care about just one commoner?'

The difference in position between Leslie and Braden was enormous, to the point where anyone would make fun of her for being over-conscious. Read only at pm tl.

"Why don't you come to Wade's training ground and take a look? Your cheap swords wouldn't compare."

Nevertheless, if Braden, who occasionally encountered her by chance, made a sarcastic comment on her situation by using the scout as a surface, the thought that 'he is really a wretched bastard' came flooding back.

Of course, he knew her location well, and she ended the conversation as efficiently as possible according to her motto, 'If you can't enjoy it, let's avoid it.'

"Thank you for your good suggestion. I'll take my time and think about it."

At some point, she couldn't think of any more polite words, so she would only repeat the same answer.