Chapter 93

Of course, Carlon did not care about Elburn's agony at all.

"Okay. How much more can Marquis Abedes fill it up with? Isn't Marquis Abedes financially generous?

"That's... It's a huge amount, and we don't have a lot of cash in our possession... In addition, almost all of our property comes from the mines. The mines take time to dispose of, and the sale is easy to track down..."

"Fill it up somehow, try your best to hold it in. Grab a collateral somewhere."

Carlon said coldly.

"Until then, I will find the third 'origin of black magic' and solve it somehow."

Elburn nodded, swallowing dry saliva.

Seeing that, Carlon clicked his tongue once and went out of the room.

Elburn, who was left alone with Richard, who had lost his mind, only knew that he had not received a proper apology from Lagian, who followed Carlon.

"You didn't do that on purpose, but shouldn't you still feel sorry?"

He wasn't the only one who was disappointed.

Carlon never asked if Richard was okay, even if it was empty words.

It was just an attitude that things became annoying.

"Hey..."

Elburn muttered, looking down at Richard with shaky eyes.

"...Are we in a good line?"

Of course, Carlon was not worried about Richard at all.

Anyway, he viewed everyone, including the Abedes brothers, as a tool.

In the first place, Richard wanted to be a close aide to him, so he laid flat and crawled on his own.

He was comfortable and useful, so he only had him by his side, but there was no way he had much affection for him.

But Carlon had another talent like that.

As soon as he left the room, he flew a pigeon with a note.

This was because he had to quickly find the origin of the third black magic, which he was originally trying to find leisurely.

That was the only way to quickly raise a large amount of money before an emergency audit by the Ministry of Finance.

Crimes using the origin of black magic quickly create astronomical amounts.

A pigeon with a note hanging on its foot saying they should find the origin of the third black magic immediately headed to the temple.

~*~

[Annabelle's POV]

Everything went our way. I could tell just by looking at the Empress and Carlon's expressions.

Even Carlon made a rough excuse and hurried away.

'There's no way that human being would go to see if Richard was safe.'

It was the information that I knew through the original work that Richard and Elburn were following him with all kinds of document manipulation.

He would have visited Elburn in case of an upcoming emergency audit.

And he would have urgently decided to find the origin of the third black magic.

That was the ending I wanted.

I also needed to find out the origin of the third black magic, but there was no information.

It was not even in the original, and after 30 years, it created problems, but anyway, even god didn't know.