Chapter 86

"It's not perfect."

Ian said while wiping his sword without a break.

"After the training, I want to relax my muscles, but I don't do that."

"Why not?"

"...Annabelle."

He sighed in response to my innocent question and said pathetically.

Then he added softly.

"You might be okay, but I'm not."

"Well, anyway... Then why are you being so serious about it being perfect?"

"Well."

Ian asked slowly.

"What would you say if I offered to do your duel for you, and if I killed him for going after your neck?"

I answered immediately without hesitation.

"I would ask if you were crazy."

I spoke in a determined voice.

"Even though I have lived mediocrely, I am proud of myself as a sword-bearer. I don't know if they'll challenge me to a duel, but at least I won't leave it to anyone else."

Actually I knew.

Duels could easily be passed on to others.

So, it might be the easiest way to pass it on to Ian and watch it from behind.

If I had to use something other than a sword, I would have skipped it.

But if it was a sword, it was a different story.

"It is true that I did my best in the swordsmanship competition because of the title. But if that were the case, I wouldn't have been able to get here in the first place."

My words kept getting longer because I was afraid that Ian would really do the duel instead.

"It's true that I'm less than you, so I might use some cowardice, but I'll never hide behind you."

Ian looked at me intently.

Then he answered slowly.

"This is all I can do because I know you'll do that."

At Ian's words, I questioned like a fool.

"What?"

"But I'm anxious to let go of it, so I want to help you somehow."

I ended up at a loss for words.

Every time he said something like this, something came to mind.

"Even though I fell for you at first sight."

I didn't want my heartbeat to rise, so I quickly avoided his gaze.

And again, I was embarrassed.

"I... Well, it's a bit of a bummer to say this, but I'm not good enough for your help. Think back to the past."

"No one knows that better than me."

That was it.

I wanted to do something, but honestly, there was very little I could do for him who was born with everything.

"Hey, I'll try for real world peace."

And I added, holding on to the unfamiliarity.

"...It's what you want, so I'll also do my best."

After I finished my words, Ian, who had been quiet for a while, abruptly got up.

Then he sighed and looked down at me.