Chapter 55

[3rd Person POV]

First of all, they were fortunate not to be caught during the black market fiasco. Carlon had thoroughly cleaned it up. The Marquis of Abedes was one of the families that secretly invested in the black market.

He didn't even know that Robert would find out and crack down on it, and he didn't expect that he would break it up so easily without any sacrifice on his end.

Now, fortunately, it didn't even affect them, but Robert's advance was bad news for them regardless.

"Maybe more than Ian Wade..." Ian had been friends with Robert for a long time, but so far had not shown any political movement.

In the meantime, the Dukes of Wade have maintained their neutrality in most matters despite their great wealth and power.

There was a high possibility that Ian would not openly side with Robert in the future.
But Annabelle...

"What's that stupid, sloppy thing? Besides, there have been no cases of commoners and imperial families getting married until now. Even Prince Robert wouldn't let such an event happen."

Richard responded sharply to Elburn's words. 

"So that's the problem."

"Huh? What?" 

'If you give her a little bit of kindness, she will become the best hunting dog that wags its tail." Since Robert gave Annabelle permission to complete the paternity at once, she would have owed him a great deal.

Richard, who does not know where Reid was, was expecting that she had assisted Robert in cracking down on the black market.

"And if you have that skill... Hounds are more dangerous than lovers."  Elburn, who immediately understood Richard's words, asked seriously.

"Is Prince Carlon paying attention to this fact?" Carlon was now on his way to the Duke of Edison. Since he contacted him through a letter, the speed was bound to be slow.

'Prince Robert mentioned the names of Ian and Annabelle openly in that damn speech, so how can he not pay attention?'

Because of 'that damn speech', he gained support from the common people as well as the lower aristocrats, and Robert's honor was on the rise these days.

Richard clicked his tongue, as if he was offended by just the thought of Annabelle.

"She was like a fool who didn't know the original subject and kept chasing Ian Wade." According to recent rumors, it was a reasonable guess.

 "As you said, there is no precedent for commoners and the imperial family."

"Should we wait and see? Will it be a hindrance in the future?"

"Well, first of all, it's true that Annabelle did something that bothered us." As Elburn murmured, Richard smirked and took a cigarette.

"The Crown Prince will return soon. Then we can discuss in earnest. Perhaps he will be more outraged if he directly checks the popularity of Prince Robert among the common people."
Richard's blue eyes shone brightly.

[Annabelle's POV]

Robert's invitation had already arrived when I returned home from the Wade mansion with Aaron.

The content was very simple.

Since I made a brilliant contribution to the crackdown on the black market, he wanted to invite me to the imperial palace to pay for my hard work.