Chapter 14 - Cadre Princess

Start from the beginning

"My names Gregory... I'm an orphan so I have no last name."

"I see, that's a pretty generic name, however still I'll invite you into my newly formed group of subjects, Name Still Pending!" Cthylla announced throwing her arms to either side of herself as if to bask in her own greatness.

"Name Still Pending?"

"Well yeah, my retainer wants to name the group 'Thousand Eyes' but like that doesn't sound very awe inspiring. So we're still thinking of a name."

"You're asking me to betray the Church?" Gregory asked incredulously.

"Don't pretend kid, I'm sure you don't actually care about the Church, you'll learn soon enough that lying to me is completely impossible~" Cthylla bragged with her chin held high with pride.

"What exactly are you offering then..."

"Hehe~ I'm offering you my ideology. A future, no, a world where no lies exist!"

When Reginleif woke up the first thing she noticed was an unfamiliar ceiling.

"Eh? Eh? Ehhh?" She was quite confused however slowly the memories just before she fell asleep came to her.

(I must be in Heaven.) Reginleif thought looking around curiously finding that she was in a giant comfy bed with fluffy white sheets. The room itself was rather plain with high white walls and a white carpeted floor which resembled clouds.

Upon stepping on the carpet she couldn't help but feel astonished, it didn't just look like clouds but felt incredibly fluffy as if her feet could just pass through. Honestly, it gave her a really unstable feeling as if there wasn't any solid ground.

She carefully made her way to the door opening it to be met by a man with deep black hair. "It looks like you're finally up little Valkyrie."

"Umm... hi?"

"My name is Adriel, the secretary of Lady Gabriel." He introduces himself with a small bow. "I've been instructed to take you to the young miss once you woke up."

"You mean Cebrail?"

His eyebrow visibly twitched when he heard the young Angel's name being said which confused Reginleif slightly, but he kept his professional aura. "That is correct. Please follow me."

Turning around, Adriel began to leave without another word causing Reginleif to scurry after him. Adriel normally wasn't so stiff, however, he was extremely worried.

You see when Cebrail had brought this young Valkyrie home she had explicitly introduced her as "a friend." Cebrail never called anyone her friend. She instead often complained that friends would be too much of a hassle for her to deal with. Even that child Puriel, she doesn't call her friend despite them having been playing with one another for over a month now.

If he makes a bad impression on this girl what could happen? Cebrail may remain a friendless anti-social shut in like her mother!

He couldn't possibly let that happen.

Though he was still sweating. Gabriel's expression hadn't been the best when Cebrail brought Reginleif. He was sure she didn't like the idea of her daughter's first proper friend coming from an entirely different faction however he was also sure that she probably wouldn't be too against it if Cebrail was happy.

While Adriel was calculating how to keep Reginleif around for the betterment of Cebrail's social life. The Valkyrie herself was looking around, unfortunately there wasn't much to look at. As expected of an Angel the decorations were minimalist in nature as they didn't particularly care about luxury in the same way as other factions.