Volume 1 - The Inception| 38: Searching in a haste.

"Alexandra, the special education course system will make you responsible for the growth of Nasrin until Nasrin differentiates to an Alpha, are you aware of the consequences that you might face?" Penelope said, staring at Alexandra sitting next to her on the sofa.

Alexandra nodded as she replied, "I'm well aware, Penny."

Hearing Alexandra's response, Penelope narrowed her eyes. "Are you sure about this, Alex? If you mess this up, you'll face a trial in court and be held responsible for whatever that happens," Penelope said, staring at Alexandra sitting beside her on the sofa. 

Alexandra nodded firmly, staring at Penelope's red bloody eyes. "Yes, I know and I'm sure, Penny." 

Penelope pursed her lips, seeing the determined eyes of Alexandra. "May I ask…why?"

Why? 

For a long moment, Alexandra didn't answer as she remained quiet, grabbing her chin as she pondered to herself. 

Alexandra also asks herself why she is so concerned with this lass, Nasrin. 

At first, Alexandra was only interested in Nasrin's dark attributes, and it was the reason why she made a deal with the lass. 

However, the other reason was because the girl reminds her of herself back when she was young. 

The girl was ignorant of how the world works, naive with people's intentions, and has a dumb way of approaching things. Nasrin is so much like her back then. 

Seeing how Nasrin desperately begged her during the registration day, Alexandra only felt pity; she is actually not planning to make Nasrin as her assistant. 

Alexandra just wanted to help, and she just wanted to teach someone her skills. To pass her knowledge to someone who has the potential, and that person is Nasrin. 

If possible Alexandra would pass all of her knowledge to her own child, but she can't. 

It was because a beta can never have a child, and it has always been Alexandra's dream to have a family of her own, then teach her child everything she knows about this world. 

However, she can never have those things, and that's why when Alexandra saw how Nasrin appears like a blank sheet of paper. Like a toddler that hasn't been taught anything yet. 

It was then that Alexandra had the idea of making Nasrin as her apprentice, but being a beta made Alexandra change her plans, so she offered a deal to Nasrin instead. 

Alexandra found meaning in her life again. Alexandra wants to teach Nasrin everything. Including her beliefs, principles, and morals. She wants to raise Nasrin like her own child, and it gave Alexandra some purpose in her life again. 

Alexandra plans on raising Nasrin like a good parent, but when she discovers how much potential Nasrin has; it makes Alexandra want to unleash it and push Nasrin to her limit. 

Yet, it seems that Nasrin is a stubborn child. Despite being stabbed in the chest, Nasrin still wants to continue with how she approaches things. Alexandra had no problem with that, however she knew this world is cruel to people with a good heart, and Alexandra feels responsible in teaching Nasrin how this world works. 

That's why despite Alexandra liking how ignorant and naive Nasrin is; Alexandra decided to teach Nasrin the reality of this world. 

What they encountered a few days ago made Alexandra change her way of teaching and raising Nasrin. 

Alexandra discovered that she needs to harden her heart in raising Nasrin. If she doesn't do that, then Nasrin might end up in the same situation again. Like what happened during that training.