25. My Body Is A Cage

~
Changes
~

"I just want you."

Words that left the girl frozen, and unable to breathe.

I just want you.

Did he really, or was it another lie?

I just want you.

No he didn't, he just wanted to feel less alone.

I just want you.

It was just a few meaningless words that left the girl bitter.

I just want you.

He's manipulating you Eight.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

Her eyes shut tightly and she pulled away from his touch. The absence of her warmth left him with a sour expression.

She stood by Diego's body gazing down at number two. Five was anxious at her lack of speaking.

All he wanted was to hear her voice.

Diego stirred in his sleep and emitted a quick "shit."

Five wanted to skip over the impending terrible ending of eight and his conversation and spoke, "good, you're up. Ready for a drink?"

It took a few moments for Diego to process everything around him, when he did he quickly scrambled to his feet and scanned the parlor hoping to see Hazel. "Where is he?"

"We let him go."

"You what?"

"Now that the apocalypse is over it's time for the fighting to stop."

Would it ever truly stop, though? Eight didn't think so.

Eight spoke up when Diego was about to storm out of the room, "hey, he didn't kill patch. His partner Cha-Cha did."

Diego's hostility was directed towards her now, "so what? They were both there that night."

Eight wouldn't take his mood swings anymore, "this half of the partnership gave us both of their guns. Which will clear you, because the ballistics will match patches crime scene." She gestured to the guns in which Diego walked towards hesitantly.

"He wanted a fresh start, and he happened to have these in his possession. The one thing that could do our family good." Five added from behind the bar.

"You don't have to go through the rest of your life hiding from the police Diego, we have the proof that you are innocent. It's time to move on, isn't this what patch would want?"

Diego whipped his body around to the girl. "You don't know what she would want, I'm not moving on!"

His finger was pointed in the girls face, eight scoffed, "You're right I don't know what she would want. Suit yourself, number two, good luck in jail." She spat slapping his hand away. She exited the room not wanting to go farther.

Five gave Diego a few seconds to cool off from his conversation with eight. He walked around the bar and picked up Delores from her resting place on top of the bar. Five felt that even he needed a minute to process information. He never needs very much time to process.

Eight what have you done to him?

"What did you like about her?" Five clutched onto the mannequin.

When Diego lacked a quick reply five raised his brow waiting for an answer.