9. I was never there

There was not a large age difference between eight and five when they were working at the commission. (Five was 38 and eight was around 30)

~
Man on the Moon
~

Eight Hargreaves was one of the more impulsive people in the world. She loved the high of adrenaline, the energy and power that flowed through her veins leaving her craving for more . She especially enjoyed doing impulsive things when she was upset and in need of a distraction.

And who is a better distraction then Five Hargreaves?

Eight walked sluggishly down the streets. The cold air whipping across her skin roughly. She shivered and stuffed her hands into her pockets.

Small trees line the sidewalk to her left, while on her right different unique shops lie. The sidewalk is rough and falling apart, and the lights along the street either flicker, or don't even turn on.

Eight stopped and searched her pockets finding a piece of gum. She popped it into her mouth then continued her journey to five. She didn't know what she was going to do, ever since they both got back, and were both 15 they've been acting quite strange towards one another. She blames it on the hormones though.

They never really liked each other when they were kids, but something had obviously changed since then. As children, they may have referred to each other as siblings but they never really felt like siblings. They felt more like roommates stuck with each other until they could escape. They both spent hours on end just wondering where the lines between love and hate began to blur.

She walks in front of MeriTech and spots the van five has been using. She opens the door and sits down in the passenger seat moving Delores to the center console.

"Where have you been?" He asked annoyed by her sudden appearance.

"Meeting up with a childhood crush, of course." She said sarcastically.

The boy scoffed and continued to look out his window "Diego?" He asked

She smirked "no, I lied. I saw someone at the store and he asked me on a date." She lied again, resting a hand on her chin.

Five glanced at her with his peripheral vision, he didn't know if the girl was lying or not, and it pissed him off. The car was freezing, eight could see fives breath quicken from the air he exhaled.

"Is someone upset?" She taunted leaning back in her seat. Five didn't answer, he took a moment then turned to her.

He pulled her by the collar until their foreheads almost smacked each other. "Yes, actually, I am upset."

The girl smirked, "hm, seems like a you problem, don't you think?"

He pulled her closer but Eight didn't flinch. His breath was warm against the siphons skin, making her feel a bit more comfortable in the cold car. "I'll make it your problem." He hissed gripping her collar tighter.

The fact that she was still tipsy didn't help the situation. "So are you like into this grabbing the other person type of thing? Because, you've done it two days in a row." She questioned smiling.