Chapter Three - Laziness Interrupted

Start from the beginning

Cebrail looked at him quizzically but could tell Adriel wasn't in the mood to elaborate further on his words.

"Get her ready for the ceremony." Adriel ordered a few of the maids and handed her off like luggage.

"Wait what ceremony?" Cebrails head rapidly turned towards her mothers assistant.

"The ceremony they're holding to commemorate the youth chosen to create Brave Saints."

"You never said anything about this!" Cebrail thought back to their conversation trying to recall when he said something like that.

"If you had known you would have run away~" He was right, if she had known that she'd have to go to some silly public gathering she would have bolted instantly, though of course she probably could out run Adriel she could still waste everyone's time. And if she tried hard enough she might've even ended up making herself sick.

"Y-You distracted me! You traitor how could you!" Cebrail called in outrage as she was dragged towards her room by several servants; she struggled against them with all of her might but was unable to break free.

"I didn't distract you. You distracted yourself."

"Adriel! Adriel! I don't wanna goooo! I don't wanna!" She cried out towards the man as the door closed.

Adriel smiled a bit, it wasn't often that Cebrail obviously acted her own age so it was nice seeing it every once in a while.

Due to the diligence of the maids Cebrail, despite struggling and having to be tied down for part of the time, was ready in only 45 minutes.

Staring into the mirror she frowned in annoyance.

"Do you dislike the outfit miss?" One maid asked tentatively.

Cebrail didn't respond and instead kept staring at herself intently. She was cute, there was no doubt about that. With her cat like yellow eyes that seemed to hold far more intelligence than a normal child her age yet were brimming with curiosity. Long silver hair that reminded most of the peaceful moonlight on a full moon. Her dress only helped emphasize this fact with its childish purple frills on the hem and black overall.

"This piece of hair is still up." She pointed out staring at her ahoge with visible annoyance. She knew what it meant, the world was calling her an idiot! Cebrail was no idiot!

"Ummm..." The maids looked at each other making a few noises and whispers before finally they tied a pink bow on top of Cebrail's head causing the entire piece of hair to flatten out in front of her face.

"That's better." The maids let out a sigh of relief as Cebrail approved despite it not looking particularly elegant or proper. If she was happy though the maids wouldn't have to worry about Gabriel throwing a fit.

Now that she was ready Cebrail had stopped fighting completely, it would be more effort at this point than simply going to the event and sitting through it. Perhaps she might even be able to take a nap or play games on her mom's phone.

"You look as good as usual miss Cabrail." Adriel complimented Cebrail and took her hand gently as she reached the last step of the long staircase to the main hall.

"Where's my mother."

"I see you're still upset about having to go to this event."

"Where's my mother." Cebrail asked again flatly not even looking towards Adriel as the two walked towards the main entrance.

"She's already at the Industria Stadium."

"What? That's where it's taking place? How big is this thing gonna be?" Cebrail was surprised enough to forget her short-lived vow to not look at Adriel and turned her head to stare at him with wide eyes.

"All four of the Seraphs are going to be there if that helps you understand the scale." Adriel politely pushes open the door and in front of the two was down yet another long set of steps was a sleek black limousine.

"Ughhh, I already feel exhausted. Why are people so hard to deal with?"

"Perhaps if you tried miss you'd find that people aren't as difficult as you think."

"That was a rhetorical question slave."

"Slave?"

"You're my mothers slave and you made me angry so now that's your nickname until further notice." Despite her cold tone somehow it also sounded a bit pouty and childish making Adriel smile a bit.

"I am so very hurt by your words young miss~" He teased opening the door to the limo for Cebrail before getting in himself.

"As you should be." She didn't properly understand his words so she childishly took them at face value making him chuckle a bit more.

Due to the fact that Industria Stadium was located within Gabriel's territory and the prominence of the location the flying limo took around an hour and a half to reach the location. Normally it would take ten minutes however the traffic was immense.

"Is this really that important? I've never seen so many Angels gathering in my life..."

"Indeed this is a rather grand occasion. It seems not only the Brave Saints but also Angels will be granted the ability to answer prayers once again."

"Is that so important?"

"The Devils as of recent years have been gaining an immense amount of popularity, partially due to their contracts. If we can answer prayers properly again we can regain our reputation."

"I guess that makes sense. Everyone wants to be a Demon Lord, or Half Demon, or having a Demon inside of them. There's no tropes like that for Angels I think."

"Exactly, with our popularity our power and sway over the supernatural world also diminishes so this is extremely good news." Adriel genuinely sounded excited so Cebrail herself couldn't help but think it was a good thing, even though it probably meant she'd have to do more work.

"Alright miss Cebrail this is where we part ways. You go to the waiting room where the other three chosen are."

"K~" Cebrail turns around towards the side entrance.

"And young miss." Adriel called after her.

"Yes~"

"Please don't cause too much trouble."

"I'm nothing like my mother. My mother is irrational." Cebrail responded back with a rare small smile on her face which filled Adriel with dread.