Chapter 49 - Suprises

**Tuesday**

Strangely for LA it had been raining all day, and it had been reflected in Ivy's mood. It had been foul all day and nothing had seemed to go right.

From the moment she had woken up later than she had wanted, to nearly slipping over in the shower, and now managing to shrink one of her favourite tops in the wash she knew the day was going to be a complete shitshow.

She suddenly found herself uncontrollably bursting into tears on her lounge floor, clutching the shrunken top to her chest.

There was a lot going on in her life at the moment, but she was mainly worried about her lack of income, and now that she wasn't talking to Shannon, the opportunity to work at Black Fuel didn't look as though it would be happening anytime soon.

Sighing, she ran her hand through her hair and dabbed at her eyes with one of the cuffs to the baggy burgundy sweatshirt she wore, whilst staring out of the window and watching the raindrops as they hit the panes of glass and rolling down.

The sound of her phone alerting her to a new message pulled her to her feet and she made her way over to her glass-topped coffee table where it lay to pick it up.

Jared: Hey Iv, I'm having a small get together with the Red Jumpsuit guys this evening. I wondered if you'd fancy coming along? It's nothing big. Just hanging out and whatnot. Emma will be there. Let me know and I'll send my driver round to pick you up X.

Ivy pondered over his message. She didn't really feel like doing anything tonight. She'd planned on a takeaway and to catch up on a TV series she'd just started. On the other hand it could be just what she needed to pull her out of her foul mood.

In the end, she caved.

Ivy: Alright, I'll be there. Been having a bit of a shitty day. Just one of those days I guess.

Send me the details X
************************************

**Later that Evening**

Ivy had appeared at Jared's and the hanging out was in full flow. Currently, they were in Jared's in home theatre and a football match was playing in the background as some of the guys from Red Jumpsuit had wanted to see the Miami Hurricanes against Kansas City Chiefs.

She wasn't too interested, but it had been nice to get out of her apartment and catch up with the Red Jumpsuit guys and Emma again.

Joey had noticed her arrival and had made space for her to sit next to him, so she had moved to sit down next to him. They had been discussing music and she had been surprised to find out that he was a big fan of the band Earth.

Earth were a band she had grown up with because they had been one of Bryce's favourite bands.

"I didn't see you as being a fan of Earth?" Ivy smiled at him

"Ahhh. I'm full of surprises me." He laughed, teasing her and snuck a piece of popcorn from the bowl she had on her lap.

"Hey! Get your own." She playfully slapped his hand away.

"But where would the fun in that be? I can't piss you off then."

Ivy laughed and smiled at him.

"I'm looking forward to our meal, Ivy." Joey reached out and tucked some loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, it should be really nice. Where are you planning on taking me?"

"That...will be a surprise."

Ivy rolled her eyes.