Chapter 46 - 'Your Cocktails'

**NB: This chapter maybe quite long, so I might have to split it into two**
************************************

Ivy had been back in LA for a couple of days now, having left Shannon's the next day after his huge revelation to her.

She'd told him that she needed some space and needed to get her head together to process everything.

It had hurt, but so much had happened in the few days that she had spent with him in Seattle and the lead up to it, what with Nick sexually harassing her at the work conference to now having lost her job because of it.

Jared had phoned her the day after she had flown back with him, courtesy of Emma. They had only spoken for about 15 minutes as he had had to jump on a Skype call and she had really just wanted to be left alone to process her thoughts.

He had invited her over to The Compound again to hang out and catch up on old times when she felt ready to and she had told him she'd be in touch to let him know.

Truth be told, she didn't really want to see anyone right now. Jess had tried to drag her out tonight, and to be honest, it was the last thing she had wanted to do, but Jess being Jess, had managed to persuade her and twist her arm so that she had eventually agreed to go to Bossy's with her to an album release party for some band who she worked with.

The Red Jumpsuit Aparatus had just released their second album 'Lonely Road' and were over in California from Florida for the Press release and to play a special set list that they would be playing in LA to co-inside with the release of the album.

She hadn't heard much from Shannon. He had sent her a text telling her to let him know when she landed safely, which she had done; as she wasn't that much of a bitch, but that had pretty much been the extent of their contact and the last she had heard from him.

Nick had messaged her once again, trying to appologise for what had happened between the two of them on the work trip, and stupidly, she had agreed to meet up with him for a coffee later in the week, once Bryce had been to stay with her on his trip over from New York.

She hadn't seen Bryce in a fair while and was really looking forward to catching up with her brother and finding out how married life was treating him; something she could only dream of right now.

As she glanced at the time on her phone from mindlessly scrolling through her Instagram, she realised it was nearly seven and Jess had said that she would be round to hers from the otherside of the complex for eight, so Ivy knew she should be starting to get ready.

She had told Jess that she wasn't seeing Shannon anymore, but hadn't gone into specifics as to why, but knew that Jess would probably get it out of her sooner rather than later.

Getting up from her couch, she was just about to toss her phone down on her coffee table when she saw a new Instagram post from Shannon on her feed.

It was nothing too fancy, just a photo of some really delicious looking food and he had tagged the restaurant in it. But as she was about to lock her phone, something in the photo caught her eye and she froze.

Very faintly in the background; as it had been blurred, she could just make out a hand and a bit of arm holding the stem of a glass full of wine. A very feminine looking hand, with red painted nails holding it.

Wow, it hadn't taken long for him to have moved on from her after he had declared that he was supposedly 'in love' with her.

Grinding her teeth she mulled over what to do and decided in the end she was just going to ignore it and make the most of her night out at Bossy's. If Shannon could move on and forget about her that quickly. Then so could she.
************************************