Chapter 35 - **Shannon's POV**

I couldn't believe Ivy had finally made it to Seattle to see me and that we would have a full week together.

I had so much planned for her trip here. There were so many places I wanted to take her, so many memories I wanted to make with her.

Yeah, I was probably jumping way ahead with things, but for once in my life I could say that I truly felt content. That's if I could get my brother to keep his nose out and stop sniffing around Ivy.

I'd already found out from her when we were in Denver that he'd tried to make a move on her the day we had our first argument.

They'd gone for a hike together around Laurel Canyon and had lunch somewhere afterwards. Then he decided he'd drop her back at hers, but had made a move on her and kissed her.

I don't know why I still let it get to me. It's a classic move my brother plays on every member of the opposite sex, almost as if it's a reassurance to himself that he's still got 'it'. Whatever 'it' is. Well, it's obvious with him what 'it' is.

As for me, I've long ago accepted I'll never live up to Jared's success. Mum's never said anything, but Jared quite literally is the blue-eyed boy of the family and I'm quite happy to sit in his shadow.

I asked Ivy if she'd kissed him back and she got quite defensive about it; almost as though she couldn't believe what I was asking her. I thought it was pretty obvious that would be the next question to ask.

Thankfully, she replied that she hadn't willingly kissed him back and supported this by reassuring me that she didn't have feelings for him in that way, and never had. That he was more like an older brother to her, which is kind of ironic seeing as I'm actually 18 months older than him.

I had enjoyed our time in Denver: albeit short but sweet. I was so glad I had trusted my instincts when it had come to Nick and flown out there to look out for her.

The bastard had sexually assaulted her, although I don't know if she had seen it like that. All I can say is thank god I was there! I caught him basically groping her in the hallway of the hotel outside her hotel room.

The scariest part was that I had heard her telling him 'no' numerous times and yet he had still continued.

I was also pleased when she later told me that she would be handing her notice in to Nick first thing Monday morning.

We talked about me giving her a job working at Black Fuel and she said that she would accept my offer, but was adamant that she didn't want to be treated any differently to any of my other members of staff and I get that. I don't want her life to be made any harder, she doesn't need that right now.

Ivy had been pretty quiet after her chat with Nick that morning and pretty cagey. She wasn't her usual self around me and I wondered what exactly had been said between the two of them, I can't help but feel like she is hiding something from me. I don't know what, but I don't want to put pressure on her to tell me. I just hope that she does in her own time.

We talked about Xenia, and Ivy made me realise that I need to tell her where we stand. It will never amount to anything more than just sex between the two of us and I know Xenia hopes for something more. Ivy is right, it's unfair of me to just reep from her and not give anything back.

Everything Ivy says to me makes sense and helps me to see sense. She has such a calming influence on me. I know we've only known one another as we stand; for about a month. And I guess we're really getting to reknow one another completely. A lot has happened to all of us in the last 10 years.

I really want mum to meet her again. Mum loved her the times when Jay used to bring her round for dinner. I was hardly there, but when I did visit mum, she would always talk about Jay and Ivy. I think she secretly always hoped that they would get together.