Chapter 50 - Can't Stay Away

**Sorry I've taken so long to update this story. Life has been busy and I decides to rewrite the entire beginning of this chapter as I wasn't happy with it.**

Shannon opened his mouth about to reply, but they were both interrupted by someone walking into the kitchen.

"Ivy?" The person called out, before Shannon and Ivy both heard footsteps getting closer and closer to the open patio door. "Iv?" The person poked their head out the door and out onto the patio.

It was Joey.

"Iv...oh hey. It's Shannon isn't it? Jared's brother?" Joey asked once he spotted Shannon there as well with Ivy. He walked out to join them both and held out a hand to Shannon to shake. Which he did.

"Hey man. Sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"Oh my bad. I'm Joey, bassist in Red Jumpsuit. I believe we're gonna be touring with you guys at the end of the month."

"Ah! Jared did mention something to me."

"Iv, are you coming back inside? I thought you'd got lost in Jared's mansion." Joey laughed.

She saw Shannon shoot her a puzzled look before replying, "You know what. I'm starting to get a headache, maybe I drank too much or something." Shd shot Shannon a subtle look of her own out of the corner of her eye, which she saw him catch and chewed at his bottom lip, awkwardly.

"Are you OK? Maybe Jared has some painkillers you can take? You want me to go ask him for you?"

"No, its OK Joey, thanks. I think I might just catch a cab home."

"Well...if you're sure. I'll wait with you until it arrives?"

"I'll just wait inside with you guys. They'll message me when they're here."

"Ok. Well I'll catch you inside. You sure I can't persuade you to stay?" He smiled, completely oblivious to Ivy and Shannon's current situation.

"I'll be there in a second." Ivy smiled back at Joey as she turned and walked back inside.

As soon as he was inside Ivy turned back to Shannon. "Shannon, what the hell were you thinking? Oh let me guess, you weren't." She hissed at him, not wanting to draw attention and have Joey coming back outside to see what was going on.

He opened his mouth to respond, but Ivy cut him off again.

"I'm going home Shannon. I-I...I can't deal with this right now. I'm so disappointed in you."

"Iv. Come on." He made to reach out and grab one of her hands. "It was just one miniature of whiskey on the flight down."

"One miniature too many Shannon. Sorry."

"Look, sometimes flying can still get to me."

"But you have to travel all the time for work."

"I know. But that still doesn't mean I enjoy it!"

Ivy sighed, looking at him.

"Look. Let's get away from here. Come back to mine and we can talk properly. Without anymore more interruptions." He gestured with his head indicating about Joey.

Ivy chewed her lip, knowing what her heart wanted, but trying to let the sensibility of her head rule.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea Shannon. I mean, we're still on a break at the moment whilst I get my head around the revelation you broke to me a couple of weeks back."

Shannon sighed and slid his hands in his pockets. "I have Goldfish crackers back at mine." He tried, grinning at her. He knew they were her weakness, and that's why he had asked for a basket of them to be placing in her dressing room when they had been on the set of filming 'Hurricane'.