Chapter 39 - "Is he Will Smith?"

**NOTE- I didn't realise how much I'd written, so this parts split into two**
************************************

Ivy sighed and slid her phone into her trouser pocket and returned her gaze to the guy. He looked the smart, business type. Hopefully he wasn't going to be another Nick. She glanced down at the brown paper bag.

"What's in the bag?" She asked him.

"Oh er...I just popped out to get something to celebrate me getting a new offer."

"Oh. Well congratulations. What do you do for work?"

"I'm a Publisher."

"Nice. What area?"

"Paralegal sector."

Ivy laughed.

"What? What's so funny?" He smiled at her.

"Nothing. I'm just not surprised that's all."

"What makes you say that?"

Ivy looked him up and down. "The expensive 3 piece linen suit for a start and," She peered into the paper bag, "the expensive wine kind of give it away."

The guy laughed back in return. "Woah, woah, woah! First off, the 3 piece suit is only 50% linen and was given to me by my brother because it didn't fit and secondly, that wine was on offer. Half price. I never make it past the second row when choosing wine."

Ivy laughed at him and smiled.

"So, fancy sharing this expensive wine with me? I mean, I was only going to be drinking it alone, in the room I rent, because I can't afford to actually own one of these mansions." He gestured to the houses that surrounded them.

"Well..."

"I don't see you having plans for much else."

"Go on then, but I-I can't drink much."

"Why? Got big plans?"

"I'm supposed to, yeah."

The guy took the bottle of wine out the bag and opened it. "Ladies first." He gestured the bottle towards her.

"We don't have glasses though."

"Do we need glasses?" He grinned. "Is there a rule to say you have to drink wine from a glass?"

"What? Why are you looking at me like that? Here, just give it to me." Ivy laughed and snatched the bottle out of his hand, taking a large gulp from it. She swallowed and winced. "For an expensive bottle of wine, this sure tastes like shit."

Ivy wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and held the bottle back out to the guy, who also took a gulp and winced.

There was a ping from a phone and Ivy knew it was hers. She fished it out  of her pocket and looked at the screen.

'Ivy please call me!

I don't know where you got that idea from in your head, but that's not my plan at all.

I love you! X'

Ivy sighed and rolled her eyes, shoving her phone into her pocket once more. She took the bottle that had been placed between the two of them and took another huge gulp of the wine.

"Man problems?" The guy questioned.

"Kind of. Urgh!" She groaned.

"I don't even know your name. I'm sorry. I'm Kyle."