Chapter 30 - The Trip Pt 2

**Later That Evening**

Ivy was getting ready to go down for dinner with Nick and some other people from the conference they had attended earlier.

The conference had gone well and Nick had managed to clinch the deal that he had needed for the company, so he was in a really good mood.

Daniel Cane, the CEO of the fellow company had been won over by Ivy and thought that she and Nick made a wonderful couple and had invited them; at a later date, to have dinner at his house with his wife Aubrey, who had been in deep conversation with Ivy.

Ivy had really liked her and warmed to her quickly, almost seeing her as a mother-like figure, compared to the mother she no longer talked to.

Nick had said he would let them both know about the dinner and said that they could arrange something at a later date.

Whilst Ivy was busy curling her hair for the evening, her phone started to ring and she saw that it was Shannon, so she accepted the call.

"Hey, how was your conference today? Did it go well?" He sounded tired.

"Hey, it went well thankyou. Nick got the deal he needed for the company, so I guess that's all that matters.

Daniel the CEO of the company and his wife Aubrey seem really nice, they invited us to dinner at theirs at some point, but we'll obviously have to decline. I'm just getting ready for the work dinner, although I don't really want to go. I'm so tired. So I'll probably just show my face then head back to my room. Not sure what I'm going to do tomorrow."

"Well I'm glad it went well I guess. Denver is a nice city. There's a beautiful park there. Civic Centre Park and an Art Museum, The Pavillion is a really nice area with nice restaurants etc."

"Check you out Mr Tourist Guide." Ivy laughed.

Shannon laughed as well. "Well yeah, I've been a few times from touring, although we don't get all that long to explore most of the time."

They talked for a little while longer whilst Ivy got ready for the dinner, until she heard Nick knock on the door.

"Oh. I've got to go, sounds like Nick is outside waiting for me. I'll phone you later before I head off to bed if you like?"

"I'd really like that Ivy."

"Have you got much planned for the evening?"

"Nope. Just a hot date with Netflix."

"I'm actually pretty jealous of you right now, you have no idea how good that sounds." She sighed.

"Well we can definitely have a Netflix date one day next week if you'd like to?"

"That sounds amazing!"

"I'll let you go and I'll catch you later Ivy."

"Bye Shannon. I'm looking forward to my trip next week to see you. I've never been to Seattle before."

"Well hopefully I'll make it a trip for you to remember."

Nick knocked on her room door once more.

"Shannon I've really got to go."

"No problem. Catch you later."

Making her way over to the door she called out to Nick, "Coming! Sorry!" She opened the door to Nick and found him standing there in a navy linen suit and a pair of brown loafers.

"Hey, sorry Nick. I'm ready, I just need to put in some earrings, then I'm done. You can come in." She left the door open and wandered over to her suitcase to find her pearl earrings and Nick walked in coming to sit down on the bed and waited for her.