Chapter 48 - Blurred Lines

**I'm really not happy with this following chapter. I think it's incredibly boring...but here we go 🤷🏻‍♀️**
************************************

"I thought I'd lost you." Ivy finally whispered back to Jared, looking intently at him with her vibrant green eyes and reaching out to wrap her arm around his neck.

"I wouldn't do that to you Iv."

Ivy reached out and brushed some of his long, wet hair out of his face, tucking it behind his ear.

"You're my best friend Jay, I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

She then felt Jared move his hands down to hold her waist.

"You wouldn't loose me Iv. I'm not going anywhere." He grinned at her, before leaning in and kissing her temple.

Suddenly, she saw him look up over her shoulder and she turned her head to see what he was looking at. There was a photographer stood up at the pull-in where they had parked. He had his lens trained on them.

Jared groaned. "I thought things were going well."

"Do you ever get a break from this stuff?" Ivy asked.

"Nope. But its all of my own doing, so I can't really complain.

"What it is to be famous hey?"

"Hardly." He rolled his eyes at her "Come on, let's head back to the beach."

They swam back to the shore and climbed out.

"Would you like to head back to mine for a bit? We could watch a movie or something?" Jared asked Ivy as they trudged back up the small patch of beach to the picnic blanket.

"Sure, why don't you show me how good your acting skills are and watch something you're featured in?"

"You really want to do that?"

"Sure. Why not? I'm proud of you Jay."

"Alright. Sounds like a plan." Jared fished out a towel from the rucksack he had also brought down to the beach with him and proceeded to dry himself down.

Ivy proceeded to do the same, before she realised that she was going to need to change back into her vestop and shorts before she got into Jared's car.

She hesitated, floundering for a while, not really sure how to go about the task in hand. Jared had finished drying himself and was rummaging around in the food box for a snack. He caught Ivy standing off to his side looking awkward.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He asked her softly.

Her face started to slowly flush as she tried to summon up the words to tell Jared what her problem was.

"Er..." She stuttered.

Jared frowned.

"I-I need to-I need to um...change Jay?" She mummbled to him, gesturing slightly.

"O-oh...OK well erm..." He rummaged around to pull his towel back out of his bag. "Give me your towel as well."

"What?"

"Hand me your towel. I'll hold them both up and you can stand in the middle and get changed." He shrugged his shoulders at her.

"What the hell Jay?"

"Well it's the best I can come up with I'm afraid."

Ivy glanced around. "Just make sure that Pap doesn't photograph me. I could really do without lewd photos of me being out there." She sighed and picked up her towel, handing it to him. He took it from her and shook it out.