Death Is Not Sweet

The next few days were spent searching for Remus and Severus, the weekend was at an end with no new information to their whereabouts. The Aurors of the Ministry were searching far and wide, determined to find them.

Harry and Draco arrived back at Hogwarts after two days of failed search, making it back to their room late at night. "I'm exausted...what a waste of a weekend."

Draco sat on the couch. "I can't believe we found nothing today...we looked all over London and still nothing."

Harry was so worried about Remus and Severus, too much time had gone by. "Where could they have been taken? This is bad..."

A knock on Harry and Draco's door interupted their thoughts.

Draco opened the door to see McGonagall standing there. "Professor! What's wrong?"

Minerva walked in, looking at Harry. "Harry we have some bad news."

Harry came over to her. "What's happened??? Did you find them???"

Minerva shook her head. "Harry some of the Aurors found Sirius's cottage, his wards and spells were down...so they went inside."

Harry brought Minerva to the couch, sitting down with her. "Is he worried about Remus and Severus? He will help us too, the more people who help us look the faster we'll find them."

"No Harry...he wasn't there, the whole cottage was ripped apart. Dead bodies of Death Eaters were scattered in the backyard." Minerva frowned, putting her hand on Harry's knee. "He's missing too."

All the color in Harry's face drained. "But we were just there...how could this have happened??? His wards were absolute! Are you quite sure???"

Draco sat on the arm of the couch next to Harry.

"Yes, all 3 of them are missing...I have a feeling that wherever they are, their together." Minerva frowned. "But it just doesn't make any sense, we've looked everywhere."

"Not everywhere." Draco spoke up.

Harry looked at Draco. "Draco...you can't be serious."

"What? What does that mean??? We truly searched all of London, Hogsmeade, Godric's Hollow, all of Hogwarts grounds, we even combed the Forbidden Forest and the lake!" Minerva pressed. "We even went as far as searching the shrieking shack!"

Draco hung his head in shame. "We never checked my Father's place."

"Malfoy Manor??? Draco have you spoken to your Father at all since you got back???" Minerva asked.

Draco shook his head.

"Draco we can't go there, Seamus burned the Manor half to cinders! Who's to say it's even livable???" Harry rubbed Draco's back.

Draco sighed heavily. "It's the only place we haven't checked isn't it? I haven't seen or heard from my Father since we escaped...but what other option do we have???"

Minerva stood to her feet. "Harry I need you and Draco to stay here do you understand??? Let the Aurors do their job, this is too dangerous for you both."