Expelled

The next morning came, thunder and lightning surrounded the grounds of Hogwarts. An announcement came on through the halls telling all students to stay indoors, rescheduling the first day of quidditch practice and outdoor classes. Severus was pacing in the Great hall, waiting for a letter he was suppose to intercept from the Ministry.

Severus glared at the entrance doors, only an hour left till his first class began.

Remus came down, curious as to why severus was making a hole in the ground. "Why are you pacing like a mad man?" He asked as he walked over.

Severus turned to Remus with a severe glare of irritation. "I'm waiting for a letter to be delivered...its about my Godson."

Remus pursed his lips. "And what is it about? Mr. Malfoy isn't in trouble is he?"

Severus rolled his eyes at Remus making small talk with him, going back to his pacing. "No trouble, the ministry has decided to offer Mr. Malfoy an opportunity of employment."

Remus raised his brows. "Any idea what that might entail? Seems a bit out of random don't you think? The school year has only just begun!"

"Yes...well it has come to my attention from multiple teachers...myself as well that young Mr. Malfoy has achieved an outstanding in all his potions and charms classes from 1st year till now..." Severus explained, watching the door.

"My goodness Severus stop pacing!" Remus crossed his arms. "Isn't all this good news? Why must you look like you are miserable?"

Severus stopped. "Why must you always have something to say? Even as kids you never shut up." He growled.

The doors opened slightly with an owl coming in. It landed in Severus's shoulder, dropping a black parchment envelope with the Ministry stamp of approval as a wax seal.

The owl pecked at Severus, squawking.

"Yes alright! You annoying feather duster." Severus grumbled, dropping a silver shilling in its tiny little bag.

The owl took off rather clumsily, disappearing through the crack of the door that closed as it left.

"See? No need to worry it came!" Remus grinned.

Severus was about to rip it open.

"Wait a minute Severus that's addressed to Mr. Malfoy." Remus interupted.

Severus tried to slip it into his cloak, but Remus snatched it.

"Thank you Severus I shall deliver this to Mr. Malfoy at breakfast! As you know it's against the rules to go through a students or teachers mail!" He put it in his jacket pocket. "But I'm sure you knew that right?" He grinned, walking to breakfast a little early.

Severus clenched his fists, turning away with a swish of his cloak. He muttered to himself under his breath as he turned away.

******

Very soon after, breakfast had started, all 4 tables filled with food and drinks. The smell of French toast and bacon lured all the children and students in for a nice Hardy meal to start the day.

Draco and Harry came in together. Sitting at the far end of the Slytherin table closest to the teachers who came to chaperone. Pansy, Goyle, and Blaise sat all the way at the other end as they came in later. Theodore and millicent were missing from the group which made people very curious.