Touch Me, Hate Me

Draco was the first to wake up the morning after everyone took refuge inside Sirius's hideaway Cottage, keeping Sirius company while he put up the barriers and wards. Everyone else seemed to be sleeping in, exausted from the stress and worries of the Rebellion looming over their heads.

Draco and Sirius finished the protection barrier. "Let me do the wards, go back inside I'll finish up." Sirius patted Draco's back fondly.

Draco smiled timidly. "Thank you for taking me in like this, I truly don't know what to say..."

Sirius came over. "Draco I want to make this abundantly clear." He put his hands on Draco's shoulders. "None of this is your fault, your Father has made some terrible things happen but you are your own person."

Draco bit his lip, his eyes tearing up. "Sirius...you have no idea the things I've seen, I didn't...I didn't think I'd make it out of that Manor."

Sirius embraced Draco, feeling the need to comfort him in that moment. "I spent 12 years in Azkaban, people thought the worst...but then my friends and family were there for me to help me start over." He let go, wiping the wetness from his cheeks. "Now we can all do the same for you."

Draco let out a few harsh breaths he didn't know he held in, hugging Sirius back. "Thank you." He lightly sobbed.

Sirius took his wand back out. "Now off with you, I'll finish up and we'll make breakfast with everyone when they wake up." He smiled warmly, waving him off.

Draco went back inside the cottage, wrapping himself in the blanket from the sofa. He walked into the kitchen, searching for a cup.

Neville came down the stairs, yawning with a head scratch. He walked into the living room, freezing when he saw Draco rummaging through the cabinets in the kitchen.

Draco felt tense all of a sudden, turning around when he felt eyes on him. "Neville?"

Neville nervously clutched the sides of his pajama pants. "Morning..."

Draco finally found where all the cups and mugs were, pulling out a white deep mug. "You gonna stand there like an idiot?"

Neville glared slightly, walking into the kitchen to turn on the Muggle coffee machine that Sirius owned.

"What is that thing?" Draco asked, staring at it with a distasteful expression.

"It makes coffee Malfoy, you know what coffee is don't you?" Neville asked, his tone slightly sharp.

Draco came over bumping his hips against Neville, pushing him to the side. "Don't make me maim you before breakfast Neville." He poured the coffee into the mug he chose, slightly embarrassed that he wasn't familiar with muggle objects.

Neville caught himself on the edge of the counter. "Fuck off Malfoy!" He spat.

Draco gingerly sipped at his coffee, slowly turning to Neville at that remark. "Don't push it, you and I are not evenly matched." He threatened with a harsh stare.

"How so? You don't have your wand do you?" Neville accused.

Draco grinned evily, taking a few steps towards Neville. "Don't underestimate me, threaten me again and you'll regret every syllable that escapes those lips." He got really close, brushing his fingertip across his bottom lip.