Mother Dearest

Draco took Harry by the arm, apparating without a word. Harry was whisked away, unsure where Draco was taking them, he could feel his rage in horrible waves. Round and round they spun, slamming hard to the ground on jagged grey gravel.

Harry groaned as he got to his feet. "Blimey Draco!" He brushed gravel from his pants.

Draco helped brush the dust from Harry's clothes. "I'm sorry, but I have something I need to do."

Harry just realized Draco didn't bring them to the edge of Hogwarts. "Oh god..." he looked at where they were. "What are we doing here???"

Infront of them both was the Malfoy Manor, it was dark outside at this point of the evening. The hedges encased the whole property, aligned with the black iron gate that surrounded the Manor.

"I know we're not suppose to go anywhere but...I must speak with my Mother." Draco took Harry's hand, walking towards the gate.

"Wait! We could be expelled! We need to get back to Hogwarts before we are known to be missing!" Harry stressed, pulling Draco close to him.

Draco smiled at Harry, hugging him. "I know you want us to go back but I have to do this...I wouldn't blame you if you left." He let go of him, walking away to the Gate.

Harry struggled with wanting to apparate back to Hogwarts, but when he saw how much distress Draco was in, he couldn't leave him.

Draco came up to the gate, sticking his wand into the gate lock. "Alohomora." He whispered.

"Wait!" Harry ran up to Draco, hugging him from behind. "I'll come with you, I can't leave you."

The lock fell to the ground, disappearing into a black dust cloud.

Draco took Harry's hand. "Thank you Harry, it means so much to me." He took out his wand. "Let's go."

Harry took his wand out shortly after, walking down the long gravel path. The Manor kept getting bigger and bigger as they approached, a feeling of dread washed over him.

Draco got the same feeling of darkness as he spelled the door, walking in with Harry. "Stay behind me." He lightly pushed Harry behind him, walking into the main first floor.

Harry saw a few house elves staring from the very corner of the steps. "Looks like your Mother has multiple House elves." He whispered.

"After the end of 2nd year when Father lost his singular house elf, Mother obtained more...they've been here ever since." He whispered, making it a point to protect Harry the further they went in the house.

"Draco the house seems empty, only the house elves seem to be here." Harry whispered lowly, gripping the end of his wand nervously.

Draco wandered slowly till he approached the open doorway that lead to the living room.

Harry's eyes widened as he saw Narcissa in the winged armchair by the lit fireplace. He tapped Draco, pointing to her.

Draco tensed up, seeing her. "Mother." He called dryly, walking into the room.

Narcissa didn't move, not even a glance. "Draco...shouldn't you be at school?" She said sternly, not taking her eyes off the fireplace. She had a thin crystal wine glass in her hand that had some sort of liquor in it.