Chapter 7

To anyone who has read this so far, I have changed Cassie's name to Rei.

~~~

A knock suddenly sounded at the door. Airon dematerialized and Rei placed down the book. Aang jumped up and ran to the door. It was Joo Dee.

"Hello, Aang, and Katara, and Sokka, and Toph, and Rei." Joo Dee greeted.

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka asked and he stepped closer. Joo Dee got thrown in jail? That I would love to see, Rei snickered.

"What? Jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage." Joo Dee spoke with her forever emotional voice and face.

"But you disappeared at the Earth King's party." Toph made clear.

"Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing." Everyone frowned at that.

"But then they replaced you with some other woman who also said her name was Joo Dee." Katara said suspiciously.

"I'm Joo Dee." She stated, shocked.

"Why are you here?" Aang demanded.

"Dropping fliers and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city. Not without proper clearance." Joo Dee spoke.

"We can't wait around to get permission for everything." Sokka explained.

"You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of the city to continue putting up posters." Joo Dee frowned.

"We don't care about the rules and we're not asking permission! We're finding Appa on our own and you should just stay out of our way!" Aang yelled angrily, pushing Joo Dee out of the door and slamming the door shut. Airon materialized.

"That might come back to bite us in the blubber." Sokka laughed sheepishly.

"I don't care! From now on, we do whatever it takes to find Appa!" Aang clenched his fist.

"Yeah, let's break some rules!" Toph said, breaking down a wall with her earthbending. Rei and Airon laughed loudly while the others stared at her with indifferent expressions. Katara shook her head at Toph before looking over at Rei and Airon, realizing both of them had open books in front of them.

"What are those?" She asked.

"Oh? Books we took from Wan Shi Tong's library. We're researching Airon's heritage." Airon peered over at her curiously. The truth, but also a lie. That's smart.

"What is deer man anyway? Some sort of ghost mutation?" Sokka sked, throwing his arms up dramatically. Rei shook her head and closed the book, making sure the others didn't see the cover. She placed it in her backpack as well as the one Airon was reading. She stood up.

"We're going out." She announced, swinging her backpack onto her back.

"Huh? Again?" Sokka asked, referring to the previous night when she came back near midnight. She nodded.

"We're meeting up with someone and they're busy until late. We're hoping to find some info on Appa." It wasn't entirely a lie. She did want to ask Iroh if he knew anything. They all hesitantly nodded. She and Airon then headed out. As she and the dematerialized Airon reached the tea house, Rei was suddenly tackled into a hug.

"I-Iroh?!" she gasped.

"Oh Rei, something wonderful has happened! I'm getting my own tea house in the Upper Ring!" Rei's eyes went wide.