Chapter 3

After they finished at the pass, they headed for Ba Sing Se with the happy family. On the way, however, Aang appeared before the.

"Aang, what are you doing here? I thought you were looking for Appa." Katara said, surprised. Rei tilted her head at him in curiosity.

"I was, but something stopped me. Something big." Aang said, looking down with a glare. Rei narrowed her eyes at him. They then set on their journey and as they reached the base of the wall, Aang and Toph earthbended them up the side.

"Now what's so big that Appa has to wait?" Sokka asked as they reached the top.

"That." Aang said, pointing towards the large machine at the side of the wall. 

"We made it to Ba Sing Se and we're still not safe. No one is!" Ying said and desperately huddled with her family. Rei spared them a glance before looking down at the machine. It was a drill of some sort, and it had a very distinct symbol on it. Fire Nation...

"What are you people doing here? Civilians aren't allowed on the wall!" An earthbending guard asked them.

"I'm the Avatar. Take me to whoever is in charge." Aang spoke, holding his staff upright. The man nodded and they all followed him into a tower where an Earth Kingdom General sat behind his desk.

"It is an honour to welcome you to the Outer Wall, young Avatar, but your help is not needed." The General spoke. Rei narrowed her eyes at him. Not needed?With that drill?

"Not needed?" Aang repeated in disbelief.

"Not needed. I have the situation under control. I assure you the Fire Nation cannot penetrate this wall. Many have tried to break through it, but none have succeeded." The General reassured.

"What about the Dragon of the West? He got in." Toph stated. Rei tilted her head at the title. That's General Iroh, right?  

"Well ... uh, technically yes, but he was quickly expunged. Nevertheless, that is why the city is named Ba Sing Se. It's the 'impenetrable city'. They don't call it Na Sing Se. That means 'penetrable city.'" he said calmly. Rei's eyebrow twitched.

"Yeah, thanks for the tour, but we still got the drill problem." Toph stated.

"Not for long. To stop it, I've sent an elite platoon of earthbenders called the Terra Team." he stated.

"That's a good group name. Very catchy." Sokka commented. The General stood up and everyone followed him outside onto the Outer Wall.

"I assure you that the drill won't last long." he reassured. Earthbenders started launching rocks. One tank was managed to take down before they started to attack the drill. They wedged large earth spikes into the metal shell of the drill to halt it. However, the drill's segments separate, reducing the columns to crumbles. Suddenly, an assault of dangers came towards them and they were narrowly able to conjure up shields. One of the daggers landed at Rei's feet and she picked it up. This is..!

"We're doomed!" The General suddenly yelped, and that's when Rei turned to see his 'Team Terra' defeated. She smirked.

"Get a hold of yourself, man!" Sokka yelled, slapping him across the cheek. Rei laughed silently. 

"You're right. I'm sorry." he stated, rubbing his cheek.

"Maybe you'd like the Avatar's help now?" Toph said, arms cross with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Yes, please." he said, begging.

"The question is, how are we going to stop that thing?" Aang questioned and everyone looked to Sokka. His eyes went wide and pointed at himself. "You're the idea guy." Aang stated.