Chapter 2

Later the gang stopped at a waterfall to decide the smartest route to take. While Sokka stared intensely at the map, Aang and Katara decided to go for a swim while Toph sat with her feet in the water. Rei sighed and threw down her backpack on a rock. She removed the brown cloak she wore and placed it inside. The cloak was long and was used to protect her from against the sand. Removing it revealed her attire. Knee length plain black pants with a purple sash tied around her waist, the sash's ribbons hanging down. Her top was black and it connected over only the left shoulder, and at the rims were orange lining. Her hands were covered with black gloves that only tied by the middle finger, leaving the other four exposed. The gloves had a purple gem on the back of each. She wore dark brown sandals that tied around her ankle. She shook her chocolate brown hair out of her eyes as she searched through her backpack.

"Hey, Rei?" She looked up to Sokka who was examining her attire.

"What nation are you from?" Rei smiled at the question.

"I'm from the caverns." Sokka frowned before realizing his sister had just done a waterbending bomb, soaking all of them.

"Sure. Five thousand year old maps from the spirit library, just splashed some water on them." Sokka said, holding them up.

"Sorry." Katara apologized before bending out of the maps.

"So did you figure out what route we're ganna take?" Aang questioned as everybody huddled around the map. Sokka explained that the only way through to Ba Sing Se was a passage called 'The Serpent's Pass.'

"Hello, fellow refugees!" They all turned to see three Earth Kingdom refugees. One of them was pregnant. They explained how they were heading to Ba Sing Se before the woman went into labour and how they were using the ferry to cross the river.

"Peaceful ferry ride or deadly pass?" Katara said sarcastically, making Rei snicker at Sokka.

Once they reached the bay and they realized they needed passports, Toph went to try and somehow manage passports for them. Rei followed them but stopped as she saw something familiar out of the corner of her eye. She turned and recognized the scar. Prince Zuko... He was on a ferry taking off with his uncle Iroh next to him. Iroh looked up and caught her eye. He gasped, making Zuko look in the same direction. He held her gaze for a split second before the ferry disappeared out of the bay. He's going to Ba Sing Se... as a refugee?

"Something wrong?" She turned around to see Toph, holding out a ticket. She accepted it.

"No, just thought I saw someone familiar..."

"Guys, guys! Look who I found!" Sokka yelled, presenting a girl wearing a guard outfit. "It's Suki!" he yelled excitedly. They all went up to a tower to talk privately.

"You look so different without your make-up, and the new outfit?" Katara complemented.

"That crabby lady makes all the security guards wear them. And look at you sleeveless guy, been working out?" she asked, almost flirtatious.

"Aah I grab a tree branch and do a few chin touches every now and then. Nothing mayor." Sokka answered, trying to show his non-existent muscles off. Rei scoffed at the attempt.

"Are the other Kiyoshi warriors around?" Aang questioned.

"Yeah. After you left Kiyoshi we wanted to find a way to help people. We ended up escorting some refugees and have been here ever since." she answered before Momo jumped up to her. "Hey Momo, good to see you to. So why would you need tickets for the ferry? Wouldn't you just fly across on Appa?" she questioned.

"Appa is missing. We hoped to find him in Ba Sing se." Katara explained.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you doing okay?" Talking about Appa's abduction made Rei feel down again. Airon... I swear I'll save you... She balled her hands in fists as she thought about what Airon must be doing right now. Was he being held down by chains? Was he being starved? He must be feeling so uncertain and scared. It hasn't been long since he joined the mortal world, and this isn't exactly making a good impression. Rei heard someone yelling up to them and soon everyone around her left. She stayed and brought her knees up to her face, wrapping her arms around them. At least I know the King isn't ruthless. If what the others say is true then the king doesn't even know about the war. It's the Dai Li I'm worried about...