Chapter 56: Night of Questions

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"No, of course I believe you can do it. I just don't want you getting hurt," Mrs. Hatayama quickly says in a flustered voice.

Atsushi says, "We will be fine."

Mrs. Hatayama comments under her breath, "I suppose that I really should put more trust in my students. That may have been where I failed with Shimizu." She then states, "Alright, then. You can all go. Just be sure that you are careful."

"Don't worry, we will be," Atsushi says. He then says, "Well I guess that there is no time like the present, so let's get going."

At this point, Atsushi, Noboru, and Akito all walk out of the city hall building. Once they are gone, Zane says, "That was faster than I was expecting."

Nana comments, "I think they are trying to show that they can be helpful too, since they were totally useless in defending the town."

"Yeah, it has got to be a pride thing," Yuka says.

Zane then states, "Well moving on. Is there anything that I can help you with around town?" Zane asks the mayor.

The mayor replies, "Can you go around and see if anyone that is still in town needs any help? If you can help them with whatever it is that would be great too."

"I guess I can do that," Zane comments. He then walks out of the city hall building.

Zane proceeds to go around the town to see if anyone needs any help. At most of the houses, Zane finds that the people do not need anything, which makes it very easy to check up on them. The other students and Mrs. Hatayama also joined in checking on the people in town. For this reason, along with the fact that not many people chose to stay in town, they are able to take care of all the problems that people have in town.

Once all of the houses have been checked up on, it is starting to get dark. Seeing this the group decides to call it a day and head back to the Water Spirit Inn for the night. Zane choses to not go with them at first. He instead heads to the Adventurer's Guild to see if anyone is there for him to turn his latest quest in.

At the Adventurer's Guild, Zane finds that the branch chief is the only one that is there. He sees Zane enter the building and says, "I figured that you would be stopping by soon enough. I take it you want to be paid for helping out with the defense of Ur and the rescue of Will Cudeta."

"That is why I am here," Zane comments. He then adds, "Although, I don't need to be paid right now if you cannot afford to do it. I just wanted to come and touch base with the guild about it."

"No, it is not a problem. For someone like you, it is best that I settle up before you wander off again," the branch chief states. He then says, "I was actually hoping that you would be staying around for a little while."

Zane replies, "I may be. It just depends on what jobs I get."

"Well, I will let you know if any jobs come up around here. However, I cannot say that I know of any right now," the branch chief states. He then hands over Zane's pay for the rescue of Will as well as an additional 200,000 luta.

Seeing this additional 200,000, Zane asks, "What is that for? I didn't do anything to earn all this extra."

"Consider it your pay for the defense of Ur. I figured that you could always use some extra luta to have on hand. I am also going to recommend that you be promoted to silver rank. That may take some time to actually happen though. I will let you know when it does," the branch chief says.

"I appreciate it," Zane replies.

At this point, Zane makes his way out of the Adventurer's Guild. He then heads to Water Spirit Inn for the night. He is planning on just eating dinner and going to bed considering all the work that he put in the previous day.