Part 30

Sunday came around, and not much happened... 

Just imagine me eating a bag of generic potato chips from the Shell store while watching TV, with my feet kicked up on the coffee table...

Until the afternoon came, and I totally forgot to tutor the new boy of our school. I grabbed what I needed, and left my house. I decided to take my mom's car, since they were out of the house once more.

Oh, crap! I forgot where he lives now. I tell myself, as I circled the neighborhood where he lives in, until I see his dad's work truck with Arizona plates. They're the only ones with Arizona plates, like Ryo with New Mexico plates on his vehicles. I park on the curb, like some of the people did, and got out of the car. The fancy Suburban was gone, just the Ford pickup and his own truck were there, and his dad's work truck, which was an older model Dodge 2500 truck, like Rae's but this one had the gas V8 "Magnum" engine, was a rear-wheel drive, not 4x4, and had a utility bed, and inside the bed it had a gas-powered air compressor. It was even a single cab, too. Pretty common, unlike Elisha's Chevy truck, since these era Dodges are still in service by the city. I look inside, and it was the one Ryo didn't like... And it looked like Rae's dad's truck when we went to Home Depot...

Most of the trucks like these I've seen were all 4x4, and very few stick shifts like Rae's still survive in the city, but most are automatics, like this one

Most of the trucks like these I've seen were all 4x4, and very few stick shifts like Rae's still survive in the city, but most are automatics, like this one. I close the door, and make my way up to the house. Big chance he wasn't home, but then again, it's Sunday, so he could also be out and about. My heart hammered in my ears, as I began to knock on his door.

I waited for some time, but eventually he opened the door, and was greeted to a beautiful sight of Elisha, even though his hair was a complete mess. He had on a plain blue t shirt that was too big on him, as it hung loosely on his small, thin frame, and wore gray sweatpants. He looked like he was interrupted from his beauty sleep, as he yawned, and rubbed his eyes as he tried to wake up.

"Yeah, what's up?" he asked, squinting against the bright light entering his house, and trying to see who he was talking to. The way he said "yeah" got my spine tingling once more, as I got a look at the very-messy-yet-very-beautiful Elisha. He rubbed his eyes once more, and yawned some more, before he recognized me.

"Hey, what's up? I pulled an all-nighter doing my calculus homework, and I just woke up. I didn't go to sleep until four this morning. Come on in." he says, opening the door even wider. Inside, it was no different than any one of our own homes. Except it had a distinct smell of burning pine needles, and some other tree I couldn't recognize.

And they still had a lot of boxes that were piled in one corner of the house, like they had almost no time to go through their contents of those boxes.

"My grandmother's not doing too well, so my parents made a medicine for her to get well, but she got admitted to the hospital last night. It's kind of hard to concentrate on my studies as well." he says. Now I know why the Suburban's gone. Say no more...