Part 2

This year we have a new school release schedule, and we are released at that new schedule at 2:45, no more 3:00 like in year's past.

That first bell greeted us as we sat down at these welding shop tables, the tops were constructed of metal, and instead of the usual chairs, we sat on these plastic chairs. Tristan sat next to me, at my right, and to the left of me, the seat was empty, and it was already filled with kids.

 Tristan sat next to me, at my right, and to the left of me, the seat was empty, and it was already filled with kids

Soon, we were greeted to a tall, slightly heavy-set Native American-looking teacher, dressed in denim. He pulled up his pants, and before he could start teaching he was interrupted by a student rushing through the door.

"You're late!" he spoke, before standing in front of us. "There's a seat open there!" He pointed next to me.

"Sorry, I got lost. This is a big school. It's my first day." he panted, before pulling out the metal stool, and sat down.

"Who has a sheet of paper? Sign in. I'm not taking attendance. I go by who signs in, and then go by the computer. I'm Mr. Allen, and this is my second year teachin' this class. I see some familiar faces here, but most of you are pretty new here." A kid raises his hand, getting Allen's attention.

"Yes, Jackson?"

"Hey, Allen. Is this going to be like last year again? Or what's different?"

"This year, its going to be a little bit different. I used to teach welding at the college level, and I got to talk to the instructors at the college. Those of you taking the Welding II class, after Christmas break, you're going to the college. And that's where you're going to have your finals. For those of you in Welding I, you're going to learn the fundamentals of welding. And I see a lot of new faces in here."

"What about the CAD classes?" Another asked, a girl.

"I was going to get to that. I don't know how they did these things, and I thought teaching college welding was worse. They told us trade teachers that the Auto CAD classes were being integrated-Well, I'll get to that later. Right now, where's the sign in sheet?" Soon, it was in front of me, and I quickly signed my name, and Tristan also, before he waved it to Mr. Allen.

 Allen