Part 4

"Oh, my God! The school year hasn't even started, and there's already some drama!" Ash says, covering his face, then running his hands over his face, as he leaned his elbows on the table. We were gathered in the commons for our first lunch period, and Ryo sat down next to us, plopping his tray next to mines, and began shoving a corndog into his mouth after dipping it into ketchup and mustard. He got two! And a little bit of his fair share of chicken nuggets.

Like a true American, except he's Japanese. And a bottle of Coke in his tray as well, that came from the refrigerator in the kitchen. They're $1.25 a bottle, while the same bottles from the vending machines in the halls were only a dollar, but they were behind closed doors, as the classes were in session.

To top it all off, he even had a piece of cake! With a cherry on top! Literally! Ryo gave a cute smile, and smeared a little of his cake frosting on my nose, before eating some more of his corndog.

"What's the drama all about?" Rae asked, then gave a stare towards Ryo, as if he wanted to sit next to me. He too, shoved a corndog into his mouth, mimicking Ryo.

"Kendra and Tom were going out since last year, but Tom cheated, and Kendra wants revenge! She's asking me to be her 'boyfriend', even though I've told her numerous times I don't do the boy/girl thing. Ever!" He swipes his hand, almost knocking over his open milk carton. "But I guess she didn't get the memo." He stole a look towards Tristan, as if asking him to be his boyfriend already.

"That's nothing." Rae says, breaking his 'nuggies' into two pieces before popping them into his mouth. "You remember last year, when we had first lunch? When Kim was new here?" Ash looked up from his arms, and looked at Rae. He shook his head, before putting his head back over his folded arms again.

"Oh. Not that one again..." Ash groaned into his skinny arms, while Ryo took out his phone. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Shaun asked, pointing at Ash with his empty corndog stick

"Not with the way I feel." Ash says, then sticks his finger towards his mouth, and at the same time, sticks his tongue out, before pushing his tray away from him. It was already a free-for-all, Tristan and Shaun each grabbed a handful of Ash's chicken nuggets, and Ryo helped himself to another of Ash's uneaten corndog, while Rae downed all of Ash's milk, what was left of it in the carton. He put the empty carton down in Ash's tray, and I was greeted to a picture of Hunter Hayes, and a promotion of a concert followed under the picture. As usual, Rae had a white milk streak dribbling down his chin like a little kid he is at heart, and it dripped onto the table, but he didn't bother to wipe either. He even had food crumbs all over his tuxedo jacket to boot, and what looked like dried milk on his black jacket lapel.

Did I mention he's a messy eater?

"I should just go home. I'll have the school nurse sign me off, and I should be all good."

"You know that's not going to work." Rae says, biting into another corndog. "Besides, you're going to be considered truant."

"You're only here for a few hours too. The nurse won't sign you off anyway It's still the first day of school." Shaun says, popping the last of Ash's nuggets into his mouth.