Part 36

The bowling alley wasn't as busy as we originally thought it was going to be, as we easily found a parking spot, and it was closer to the alley entrance. We paid for our shoes and ball, and formed our own team of three, as we had our own lane to play in.

This song reminded me of Kira once more, as it played overhead over the crashing bowling pins and the rolling balls, along with people's conversations overlapping one another.

Even Elisha seemed awed to the song, and it seemed like this is his first time hearing it. And somehow, it fits him perfectly, as he looked around the large place. A group of teens walked by, and one of the boys walks right up to Elisha. This kid looks like the teen of the '50s; pompadour hair, leather jacket, white t shirt, the whole "Fonzie" look. 

Pretty much how Shaun would dress. But then again, there's kids here who rock the 70's, 80's, and even 90's look, all mashed together in the bowling building. I overheard what he said, despite the clutter of noises, and that music, as he put his arm around the Navajo boy's slightly sloped shoulders.

"Did you know this place used to be a strip club? A guy was shot there, and the club went under after that. This bowling place bought it, and really cleaned the place up." He pats Elisha's shoulder, before realizing he had muscles under that unassuming body of his. He shook his hand, before joining his friends, as he glared at Elisha now.

"That's a good one. A strip club." Another laughed. "Let's go to the skating rink. Maybe there's some girls there. A strip club." He blows a raspberry as he laughed once more.

"It's true. That sports bar is still there." Tristan shook his head, and excitedly pulls Elisha down next to him, as we got ready to bowl. 

"What sports bar are they talking about?" He asked, while Elisha bent forward to tie his shoes while he had his foot on the edge of the chair.

"That one over there." I pointed. The little sports bar almost resembled like the one the last K-Mart had, before it closed down, but that was when I was still little, and the place was run down even when it was open.

Tristan went first, then Elisha, and I went last, as we took turns rolling the ball down the lane, and out of us, even Tristan agreed Elisha is the most graceful as he rolled the ball down the lane. He only pulled a gutter ball when a random kid accidentally bumped into him, and Elisha dropped his ball, landing in the gutter, and it rolled to the end of the lane.

A lot of boys kept looking at us as we played, and even a few girls also looked at Elisha as well. Speaking of Elisha, there's this girl in our Drafting class, who's also a transfer from Korea, who seemed to show her interest to the Navajo kid. She gave Elisha a standing ovation soon after he introduced himself that same day, gave him a two-thumbs up, and clapped for him again as he took his seat.

Since then, she's been trying to stalk him every chance she gets, even though she has second period lunch. And she also drives herself to school, as she lives in town, but she transferred this year from Seoul, South Korea, while Elisha transferred from New Mexico, and lived in Arizona all his life. He now lives in that complex.

I've noticed now she tries to park her big truck as close to Elisha's as possible, and yes, she has a huge crush on him, since that first day she saw him back in Drafting.

Speaking of American trucks and Korean kids, that cute Korean freshman also drives a Chevy truck, similar in body style to my truck.

To top it off, I wasn't too sure if that kid, Colton, I think his name was, that I met over the summer break is also Asian, or he's just like Riku, all American, and he drives that Pontiac car. I get paranoid seeing all black Pontiacs now...