Part 5

The first day of school has finally ended, and Tristan looked much more happier. I guess it's because we're now seniors, and he wants to make the best of our last year of high school. He was smiling as we walked home from the large high school. The afternoon air was still hot, even though we're high in the mountains, since we started school quite a bit early this year, only a week after August has started, and the leaves on some of the trees were still green and vibrant. The road was still busy with summer travelers as they passed us by on the next lane over. I didn't feel like driving to our first day of school, and neither did Tristan, even though he's got his mom's car, and his dad's the only one who uses their SUV to go to work with.

"What took you so long to come out of the school?" Tristan asked, hugging his books in front of his chest, as we're walking home.

"Levine wanted to see me, after I almost ran into Ryo before changing classes this morning." I say, and Tristan nodded.

"I think she's into you, even though she's older." Tristan says, nudging me on my ribs even though his arms were full. "She might the older version of Sequoia." That made my cheeks hot.

"You're so cute when you blush like that." Tristan says, dropping his books, and gave me a hug.

****************************************

Levine leaned on her desk, as she's the only person in the room. As I approached her room, she was looking over her lesson planner for tomorrow. She cleared her throat, before speaking.

"I wanted a student aide to help grade papers, run things to the office, and to sometimes tutor students who are having troubles in any of their Humanities classes. It will be mostly held after school. And you, are the perfect student aide for my after school program. I wanted you, since you're so smart in English and writing. That's why I called you earlier so I could talk to you about it." she tells me, still remembering it all in her classroom from since this morning. Levine leaned even more on her desk, her shoulder strap beginning to slip off her shoulder, and she smiled, as if she saw what I was looking at.

And if I didn't know better, she might be flirting with me right now, as she twirled a mechanical pencil around her fingers, almost in a way Sequoia did last year. But she was careful since she is the faculty of the school, and the youngest of her department. 

"For starters, write this on the board for me." she says, handing me her lesson planner, for tomorrow's assignments for her students. I wanted to tell her I have terrible handwriting, but I took the offer, and began writing on the whiteboard.

"Not bad, if I say so myself. You even have a good handwriting." Levine says, looking at the assignment board for tomorrow, for the 1st period course. I don't know, but I could barely make out what I wrote on the board.

"Don't worry, I won't fall for you." Levine says. Our eyes met, and she looked to be even about the same height as Sequoia. She even has about the same neck length as her, too...

Why did I think that just now? It's not appropriate... I quickly shut my eyes over that thought.

"What's wrong?" she asked, as I opened my eyes, and shook my head once more. I was greeted to the sight of Levine's left shoulder, with a collar bone popped, and the strap completely disappeared from her shoulder, and rested next to her skinny bicep.

"Whoops. Sorry about my inappropriate action." Levine says, pulling her shirt strap back over her shoulder, and adjusted her shoulder so that her shoulder strap stayed in place. "Don't want to get a student suspended from school. Especially a star one." She says, pulling her shirt strap once more, before making her way back to her desk.

"So, when do you want me to start?" Dummy! I just started today...

"Check back in a couple of days. Maybe we'll be loaded with homework, and kids needing some homework help too. They're all seniors, too." Levine says, not looking up from her writing, and this time, her right shoulder strap was beginning to slip down her shoulder.