Taking in everything they had to say, I realized they were both right. I nodded and apologized for starting to lose my temper. Lydia came up and hugged me while I asked how it was possible that I didn't even notice the baby's presence. Nicolae answered by telling me what he had done, and would do again when we are confronted by Viktor. We all knew the time would come soon, so we chose to go ahead with discussing a strategy that evening. Apparently, Nicolae had been in touch with Conrad again. Viktor was planning to appear with backup, believing we would put up a fight. It was a relief to know that Conrad was, indeed, on our side after all. We decided to continue going over how we would coordinate with the witches in subduing him long enough to stab the obsidian blade through his heart. It was agreed upon that the wolves would be of no help, so they would sit out on this fight; their strengths not being needed in this matter. Soon after, a plan was coming together.

-Lydia's POV-

After the discussions of our plan to kill Viktor had concluded, I saw Sarah stand up from the table and walk over to the front door before opening it to leave. Her leg was feeling much better, apparently, since she was no longer limping around. I watched her through the window as she headed for the other building on the property, one that was in disrepair. I opened the door and stepped outside, having decided to follow her. Walking up to the front door of the other cabin, I opened it to walk inside, and noticed Sarah sitting on the floor with her legs crossed. I started to move forward, but thought better of it in order to not interrupt what my friend was about to do. Keeping silent, I listened as she began to pray, calling forth to her ancestors to heed her plea for help in our time of need.

 Keeping silent, I listened as she began to pray, calling forth to her ancestors to heed her plea for help in our time of need

Sarah spoke out loud in a gentle voice, saying, "Grandmother... Mother... Those who came before me... I call upon all witches, who have passed on from this life. Our greatest enemy is near, he will soon be upon us in his attempt to strike us down as he did once before in our ancient past. I beg of thee, we need your help. There is hope still left to end the tyranny Viktor Bartholy leaves in his wake upon this earth. Please, I pray for the assistance from all. Know that we have the obsidian ceremonial dagger in our possession, so we have the means to destroy him once and for all. Vengeance is within our grasp, and we must take it to survive and rid the world of this evil. We must end his reign, so that your souls may finally rest in peace."

My friend lowered her head with her hands still folded together in prayer when she finished speaking. A moment later, a gust of wind blew through like a signal of response from the ancestral plane. Sarah pushed herself up off the floor to stand and turned to face me with a smile on her face. I let out a deep sigh of relief, not realizing until that moment that I had been holding my breath. Sarah came walking up to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "We have their blessing, and will have their aid when the time comes. We are sure to succeed this time," she assured me. "I hope so because the Bartholy brothers seem to be on edge, like they're concerned we won't defeat Viktor." "Don't worry, I will let them know of the extra help we will have on our side."