Chapter 50: Unexpected Reunion

Start from the beginning

At this point Mrs. Hatayama grabs the white-haired man's metal arm and says, "Wait please. You may look a little different than you used to, but there is no way to hide the fact that you just said my name."

"No, you heard me wrong," the white-haired man says. He then thinks for a second and says, "Oh right, it is a regional term that means tiny woman. Yeah."

Mrs. Hatayama states, "Then you were just being incredibly rude. Nice try, but no one is that mean to a stranger immediately. You can't trick me that easily, I am a teacher." She then begins to question him, "Please, what happened to you? Why do you look like that? Why haven't you come back to everyone? Answer me, Nagumo."

The blonde girl then says, "Leave him alone. You are clearly bothering him."

"And just who are you? Can't you see that I am trying to have a heartfelt reunion with one of my students?" Mrs. Hatayama asks the girl.

The blonde girl replies, "Oh, it looks like you are throwing a fit."

This causes Mrs. Hatayama to start tearing up. She then says, "I lost my composure. Let's try this again. You are Nagumo, right?"

After a long sigh the white-haired man finally says, "Yeah. So how are you doing? It has been a while."

Following this, Nagumo goes and sits back down at the table where he was seated before. Mrs. Hatayama joins him at the table. Before long, Zane sees several people peek out from behind the curtain where Mrs. Hatayama came from. They are Taeko Sugawara, Yuka Sonobe, Nana Miyazaki, Noboru Aikawa, Akito Nimura, and Atsushi Tamai.

Seeing all of them, Zane thinks to himself, "Well I guess this should not surprise me. I did hear that some of my classmates were here after all."

At this point, Zane observes that Nagumo is just looking at his menu. He is completely ignoring Mrs. Hatayama, who has sat down at his table with him. The rabbitman says to him, "Hajime, you cannot just ignore her."

Instead of responding to this Hajime says, "Oh check it out. They have curry here. Oh, you don't know what that is. Trust me, it is a little spicy but I am sure that you are going to like it."

The blonde girl then says, "I do. I trust you with all my heart. If you think that I will like it then that is what I want."

The rabbitman lets out a little gasp and then says, "How long have you practiced that? It was so smooth. Nice work." After a second she then says, "Excuse me, we are ready to order."

At this point Mrs. Hatayama slams her fist down on the table. She then says, "I think I have waited long enough. You can order your food after you have answered my questions." She then asks, "First of all, who are these young ladies you have been ignoring me to talk to?"

Hajime replies, "If I am about to answer a bunch of questions then at least let me eat while I talk. And they can speak for themselves.

The blonde girl says in a monotone voice, "I am Yue."

The rabbitman responds to this by saying, "I am Shea. And we both belong to Hajime."

This seems to shock Mrs. Hatayama. She then stammers out, "Aw, belong to?"

Hajime then quickly says, "Let's get one thing straight. You do not belong to me."

Shea then states, "How could you possibly say something like that? You stole my first kiss, don't you remember?"

"We must have been over this a dozen times by now. Mouth to mouth and kissing aren't the same...," Hajime begins to say.

He is then cut off when Mrs. Hatayama says, "How dare you?"