•Chapter- 29•

Start from the beginning

Mumma says the first time she saw my Dad crying was when he thought he was losing her and the second time was when I was born. Since I was a kid I never once saw my Dad crying. No matter how many hurdles he faced, he never once cried and faced them. Seeing him cry made a lump form in my throat.

"Paa" I whispered and he leaned forward and hugged me crying.

"Forgive me munchkin. I am really sorry for raising my hand on you. I feel so ashamed of myself for doing that. I should have never come under her influence and raised my hand at you.

There is no excuse or reason which could justify it and I won't waste your time giving you one but I am really sorry. Please forgive me munchkin" listening to my father requesting me for forgiveness made me tear up. I pulled back and held his hands.

"Papa, please stop crying. I.....I won't say that I am not upset with you. I am. Very much. I am very disappointed as well but I forgive you both. I understand you guys and I forgive you both. But I won't forget what happened and I hope you both don't repeat this in the future" I said and they nodded their heads and pulled me into a bear hug.

"We missed you munchkin" Raghu Paa mumbled and I smiled. Pulling back I pinched their cheeks.

"Me tooo Poppas!" I said making them chuckle.

"You got my forgiveness and Ritu told me you both spoke with her too but how do you plan on getting the Momma's to forgive you?" I asked them in a teasing tone and they sighed.

"Well....we have our ways. Silence and begging didn't help. So we have to use some techniques now!" Dad said with a mischievous smile and I just laughed at them.

"Okaieee, I wouldn't wanna know about those techniques so never mind" I said making them laugh.

Suddenly their faces turned serious as they looked at me.

"We...want to know about that boy?" Dad asked hesitantly and I grinned. I knew my dad's gonna ask about Shourya.

Now I am going to boast about my man!!!! With that I started telling them both about Shourya and I know once they know him, it's hard not to love him!!!!

*************************************************

"All the packing done beta?" I heard Dad ask from behind me and I turned around nodding my head and smiling at him

"Yep, Mom helped me after dinner. How come you are still up?" I asked as Dad settled down in front of me on my study chair.

"I didn't feel sleepy so I was looking at some of my work files and thought why not come and see what you are up to," he said and I nodded plopping on my bed myself.

"So wassup? That's the term to use right? How's it going with Pari? How are you both?" He asked and I chuckled at my dad trying to use millennial lingo.

"She is fine dad! And we both are amazing!" I said and he smiled nodding his head.

"She is so amazing beta. She and your mother exchanged numbers and ever since that lunch they both have been texting and calling each other. Your Mom wouldn't stop talking about her" he said and I chuckled. I know they have been talking as munchkin tells me everything and it's so fun and happy to listen to her talk about her and my mother's growing bond.

"I know. I am happy they are getting along. I knew Mom would be smitten as soon as she meets her. She just has that charm in her. Her aura makes her extremely likable" I said smiling and looking at our photo frame on my desk.

"I wanted to say something Shourya.....I can see how different you are after her. How you smile and laugh a lot more. I know you didn't use to before. I know it had to do with......me and your Mom being a little strict and..........trying to keep you grounded.

We........always knew you were a genius and wanted you to be grounded and not turn arrogant as you grow up and we decided to be strict but didn't realize we failed in making you feel acknowledged and appreciated. When Paridhi was talking about you and how proud she is of you.....I observed how stunned you look and......it made me feel shameful about how I and your Mother failed to make you realize how amazing you are.

I am sorry for what we did. It won't erase what happened or what we did but.....I promise to be better" Dad said and I was honestly stunned.

Everything he said is true. Word to word, sentence to sentence. They both never made me actually feel acknowledged. Anything I do is fine and okay and it never made me feel like I did something great. I always felt like whatever I do is just 'fine'. With Pari......after she came it's different.

She acknowledged and appreciates the simple things I do. And that just........surprises me and makes me feel good every single time she does that. I didn't think my Dad observed this thing that quick. But.......it feels good when my Dad spoke to me about and admitted what they did affect me and it's wrong...it feels good.

"It's okay Dad. Am glad you....realized now" I said and he nodded his head.

He came up to me and gave me a hug saying he will go down to sleep now and asked me to sleep soon as I have to go tomorrow.

Before he went out of my room he turned back and said "I am glad you met her son. I am glad she makes you brighter" saying that he walked out.

I turned to look at the picture on my desk. It's a picture our friends took of us where I was hugging her waist and she had her hands on my chest and I was kissing her cheek.

"Me too Dad, me too" I whispered smiling at our picture.

Hello lovely readers!!!! Finally! It all got settled!!!! Thankfully!! How did you like the chapter? Lemme know!!! And guys! Please do comment so I know how it's going!

P.S. Lemme know what you want to see in the upcoming trip and I'll whip up something to include it!!! Lemme know!!

 Lemme know what you want to see in the upcoming trip and I'll whip up something to include it!!! Lemme know!!