•Chapter- 29•

(Please read Chapter- 28 before reading this as I have updated before

(Please read Chapter- 28 before reading this as I have updated before. Enjoy reading guys!!)

"Do you want more jeans? If so I'll put them in the washing machine now and you can take them tomorrow?" Maa asked as I packed and I shook my head.

"It's fine Maa. I kept some long skirts and tops and I have a few pairs of jeans and I can make it work with them. It's just a three-day thing and I'll be back by Monday anyways don't worry. Can you pack the brownies and cupcakes I made though please?" I asked and she chuckled and nodded her head.

"I'll pack them in the morning, you can keep them in your handbag," She said and I smiled. Maa helped me pack my duffle bag and then went out. We are leaving tomorrow for our event in Nashik and I am packing everything I need now.

"Ritu's top! Ah! She keeps her stuff in my room and then blames me for taking them. Ass! I'll go give it to her" I muttered to myself as I was arranging my cupboard and closed the cupboard door, turning towards my room door only to be surprised as I found my Dad looking at me.

"Oh.....Dad" I said surprised seeing him here. It's been more than a week and he hasn't spoken to me properly till now. Maa says it's because he doesn't know how to. That he is feeling ashamed and awkward and that's how dad gets. I gave him his space and didn't try speaking to him from then.

This is the first time in days he came up to my room. I miss talking to my Dad. I have always been Dad's girl and even though I am upset with him, I miss speaking to him, playing games with him, and bickering with him.

"Can...uh....can we talk?" He asked hesitantly and I nodded my head. Raghu Paa who I didn't notice till now came behind him and both of them sat down in front of me on the bed closing the door. I settled on the bean bag before them and waited for either of them to speak.

It's kind of awkward looking around as they both didn't speak anything.

"I...we would like to say sorry beta" Raghu Paa started and I looked at them.

"We.....have been raised a certain way and.........we have always been so close to our family.....and were always told to keep relations close. I know that bua is odd but.......we were stupid enough to not acknowledge that. Her father was a really amazing man and has helped us since we were kids. We owed it to him, to help his kids when we were settled. And we didn't realize that we were.....making you guys suffer.

By the time we did, it was too late and we thought staying away from her might help. There was this one time she... threatened to kill herself and we didn't....know what to do. It's no excuse beta.......I am not saying this for you to excuse us for what we did. But to let you know that we haven't entirely tried?

We are really sorry beta. Really sorry" Raghu Paa told me all this as his eyes teared up looking at me. My Dad who sat looking down looked up and I saw tears streaming down his eyes.