•Chapter- 24•

(Please read the Author Note at the end!!! Enjoy reading!!)

"Hey bangaram" I said as soon as Shourya picked up the call.

"Hey, munchkin. And it still feels weird listening to that new weird word" he said chuckling and I smiled.

"Get used to it. I'll keep calling you that!" I said and he hummed.

"How are things at home?" He asked and I sighed. Not wanting to keep things from him, I told him everything since I came home yesterday. The argument, the slap, the dream, and today's badass mommas, everything.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me that your dad hit you?" Shourya said calmly but you can hear the deadly tone underneath.

"I.....I knew you would be angry Shourya. I didn't want to.....I didn't want you to be angry and come over. I had to let things settle down. And I am so damn happy my Maa finally spoke up. I just hope my dad comes to his senses now" I said and he was silent for a few minutes.

"I am sorry" I said quietly and heard him sigh on the other end.

"Dad or not, no one has a right to lay their hands on you. And I am so mad that he did. And if it wasn't your father then I would've to beat the shit out of that person who lays their hand on you" he said grumbling and I chuckled.

"I know that my rowdy will go all gangster-y on anyone who troubles me" I said and he hummed.

"It's going to be okay munchkin. I am right here and I am not going anywhere. We will face it together. Whatever it is. You are not alone" he said and my heart warmed at that. He never fails to make me feel good about myself and special about myself.

"I know that. I love you baby" I said in a soft tone and he chuckled.

"I can never get tired of hearing you say that. I love you too baby" he said and I smiled.

I looked up as I heard a knock on my door and saw my Maa standing there with a smile on her face.

"I'll call you back later okay. Mom's here" I said.

"Okay, take care munchkin and call me soon" he said hanging up.

"Is it him?" Maa asked coming inside, closing the door, and came to sit beside me.

I nodded my head smiling and she chuckled looking at my goofy smile. She took my hand in hers and caressed my face with her other hand.

"Tell me about Shourya" she asked and I smiled gleefully telling her. Mom and I never had any secrets between us or any boundaries between us. She is my bestest friend forever and I can tell her anything and everything. Sometimes without a filter. And so I did.

"He is doing MBA Maa. He is so smart, so intelligent, so amazing! Like he is a certified genius. And he is super hot, crazy handsome and so so good-looking and attractive. But what makes him stand out is that he is not just physically attractive but he is mentally attractive which is what drew me to him. His soul is beautiful. He takes care of me so well. Gets so angry every time I am clumsy. He cares for me so much and he loves me so much. You can say it by the way his eyes soften every time he looks at me, every time he remembers to get extra fries for me and ketchup in my orders, every time he is angry and he sees me and his tone goes down. He is just so beautiful and so amazing Maa.