•Chapter- 14•

"Shouru, are you okay beta? Your eyes are red and puffy

"Shouru, are you okay beta? Your eyes are red and puffy. Didn't you sleep well last night?" Mom asked as soon as I sat down for breakfast and she noticed my face and eyes.

"I was doing some work Mom so it was late by the time I slept" I said and my dad coughed.

"Oh! Did you by chance go out for your work? Because I remember seeing you sneaking into the house at 4" he said and I was stunned.

Fuck! Not dad!

"Uh.....what are you doing up at 4?" I asked clearing my throat and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I came out for water. What are you doing going out for work at midnight?" He asked and I contemplated on what to say.

"Uh.......I went out.......for some fresh air, after work" I said and he just nodded his head.

"Beta, be careful when you go out at night okay? I am not saying don't go but be careful" Mom who brought my lie said and my dad, on the other hand, kept staring at me.

Mom got up to clear the dishes and went inside the kitchen whereas my dad who is sipping on his coffee, is giving me some knowing looks.

"I'll....go now. I'll be late for college otherwise" I said wiping my mouth and getting up taking my plate and Dad nodded.

While I was entering the kitchen I heard my dad calling out saying.

"Say hi to the fresh air for me beta" I just walked fast to the kitchen ignoring him and I can hear him laughing outside. I kissed my Mom on the cheek saying goodbye and left the house not looking at my Dad again.

My father is chill with anything as long as it doesn't affect the family and it's amusing to see him teasing me though I do not want to be subjected to that right now.

"Hey bro!" Zain called me as I entered the canteen. We don't have classes in the morning today. My first class is at 11 so I directly came to the canteen.

As I approached the table my friends are sitting in, I saw that munchkin and her friends also sitting there.

"Hey guys" I greeted everyone and sat down beside Pari.

"Hi" she said eating her food not glancing in my direction. I frowned as she did not look at me. Looking into her eyes is my favorite thing.

Yesterday when I saw her blushing as I stared into her eyes it made me want to do that more. She looks adorable when she blushes.

Yesterday night was something else entirely. I remember calling her continuously to just chat and suddenly the call list kept getting bigger as she didn't pick up. It freaked me out when she didn't respond. All sorts of stupid thoughts entered my head that she is hurt.

I tried to be rational thinking that she must have kept it silent or is with her family but I couldn't ignore the sinking feeling in my stomach so I immediately went to her place not being able to resist.