Epilogue

He and the playfully fiery stars were the only movement in the otherwise still darkness. The black looked less like space and more like something painted black was obstructing his view. He flew tentatively, with most of his weight distributed onto his top two wings as the bottom two were still young, only five days old, although with the aid of magic and the void they were getting stronger much more quickly than his first two. Xelqua had told him that the number of wings a Watcher has is determined by their skill in flight, so he expected to stay at four wings. He wasn't Xelqua level, but was above Pearl or Taurtis level.

He flew through the stars as though he were walking past shelves in a library, searching for one specific book, and eventually he found it. He saw Galactic words floating through the fluctuating luminosity of the flames, and the flames moved towards his hands like magnets. They were warm against his skin, standing in contrast to the constantly icy surroundings, and its presence whispered to him words that couldn't quite be heard. It was nearly a being in itself, childlike and playful yet with years worth of wisdom. It was part of a hivemind, the hivemind of the void. He knew now that it had been the void that had whispered "∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑" to him all that time ago. It felt like years although in reality it had only been a couple of months.

The flames wrapped around his wrists and pulled him from the void, and he opened his eyes to the blinding light of the overworld. Hermitcraft season nine. As he landed his hair instantly turned white, his wings evaporated and the shadows spreading from his figure retreated back towards him. He placed his mask in his pocket but decided to keep the cloak, simply lowering the hood.

He glanced around spawn, expecting amazing builds but still being surprised at just how amazing they were. The new season had only begun a week and a half ago, but there were hours of work surrounding him. He saw a couple of hermits fly above him and Xelqua with Mumbo and Scar on the other side of some water. He waved and the other Watcher waved back, before he looked around, seeing through trees and builds in search of his brother. Then he teleported.

Xisuma was building, going between searching the nearby collection of shulker boxes and climbing the scaffolding to continue placing the sandstone blocks. Xavon stopped under a tree on the edge of the neighbouring forest, blending into the shadows for a second as he worked himself up to speaking. He didn't know why he was scared, but he was. This was the first time they would see each other since the time in season eight. He tried not to think the thoughts of 'what if', but could still hear them lurking in the back of his mind. He breathed in and then out, and then he stepped forwards.

"It looks good." He complimented, and Xisuma turned from the blueprint spread out on a shulker box. The admin smiled, before stepping forwards and wrapping his arms around his brother. Xavon reciprocated and smiled as a sense of calm washed over him. His brother was here, and he still felt nothing but love radiating off of him despite everything he'd done and everything that he was.

Things were getting better now.

It's over! Hope you liked it :)

Also I drew some art for this au which I'm proud of:

It isn't perfect and doesn't completely match up to the concepts in this book but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It isn't perfect and doesn't completely match up to the concepts in this book but whatever ¯\_()_/¯

Bye