Chapter Eleven

Impulse looked up to the sound of a firework and saw a figure flying through the dark sky. Then he watched as it fell. He stood up from where he had been planning part of the factory and ran to the trees. No death message vibrated through the communicator, so whoever it was was still alive and would probably value some help.

"Hello? I saw someone fall!" He called out, scanning the dark area for signs of the mystery hermit. A minute passed before he heard a quiet groan, and he turned to follow the sound. He ran between some of the spruce trees before seeing a figure on the ground. He placed down a torch and saw Xavon with a bloodied arm; maybe he'd injured it while falling through the trees. Upon second glance, he gasped and gathered that, no, that was not the case. "Xavon?" The man in question seemed a bit dazed, but upon hearing him he rushed to get up, using a tree for balance.

His visor had been smashed, and past the shadows, he could see tears and... his hair was singed black? Blood covered his arm as if he'd been swimming in the liquid and his sword was on the ground, covered with the same red. There were messy, rushed rows of cuts decorating the skin, some deeper than others.

"D- do you need help?" He asked. Xavon's eyes glared at him, and Impulse felt that he should be an odd mix between concerned and cautious. The way his eyes landed on him was... unsettling. They pierced into him.

"I need an elytra." He said simply but darkly. The words were slow and individual.

"I don't think..." Impulse started. He didn't think that Xavon should be going anywhere alone while in that state.

"Give me an elytra." He ordered with his voice bordering on threatening. Each word was slow and sinister, like he was trying to control himself. Impulse shook his head slowly but certainly.

"I think it would be better if maybe you came inside with me," he began calmly, "and you cleaned your cuts, and maybe we could get Xisuma," Xavon lowered his head slightly and glared harder, "or not." He added, trying to say the right thing and not sure whether he was succeeding or not.

"Give me your elytra," Xavon said, ignoring his suggestion, "or I will take it." Impulse stepped back, and shook his head again.

"Don't do this." He said.

"I have nothing to lose." Xavon stated numbly before picking up his sword and swinging it. It was true; the only thing he'd had was his brother, but he didn't have that anymore. All he had was himself, and his magic.

impulseSV was slain by EvilXisuma

He took the elytra and some extra rockets, before going back to the sky.

<GeminiTay> !!
<Tango> murder!
<Xisuma> Xav?

He glanced down at the series of messages that followed, and at the death message. Yes, he could happily be 'Evil Xisuma' again. He had nothing to lose.

He took off his dented and smashed helmet and dropped it before putting on his mask.

-|-|-

Xisuma was glancing over the code, checking for anything that shouldn't be there, when someone knocked at the door. He switched off the communicator-projected screen and went to answer it.

"Oh, hi Pearl, Grian." He greeted. "Can I help you with anything?"

"No, we were just around and thought we'd say hi." Pearl spoke.

"Oh, hi then." Xisuma smiled. "I'm free if you want to come inside and hang out for a while."

"Okay." Pearl said and they entered. The pair were planning to try and find out X's opinion on Watchers, and maybe to find out some information about Xavon. They'd only spoken to him a handful of times, so it was difficult to fully grasp the situation.