Chapter Eighteen

"Xavon?"

EX stared, standing still and silent. No, no, no, no, no NO!

"Xavon where have you been?" The admin asked. He looked broken. Tired. Somewhat relieved but also cautious, confused... unsure. EX couldn't. He just couldn't. He couldn't deal with this. He shook his head and began walking, preparing to take off. "No, Xav, please!" Xisuma said, going to stop him. "Please talk, please- please don't leave again Xavvy please." He tried desperately.

"Leave me alone." The Watcher replied coldly, taking off. His brother followed. Of course he would do that. He heard his name called behind him and ignored it. The sky began darkening, not from night, but from the clouds closing in above them. He sighed, not sure where he was going. He yearned to go faster than his elytra would carry him. A couple of minutes passed and his brother was still on his tail, despite not being as confident in flight as him, so he glided down, landing in the middle of Boatem. "I said leave me alone!" He yelled, turning, and he noticed behind him Impulse, Mumbo and Scar seeing the commotion. Pearl and Grian also came out of Grian's cave. Great.

"Xavon, please talk to me! I'm not angry or anything I just want to talk. I just want my brother back, please!" He yelled back as thunder began to rumble in the sky and blocks were floating around them. The nearby Boatem hermits began running over to them. "Please Xavon, just- just..."

"Leave me alone." EX turned back around and readied his rockets, noticing that the sky had turned not only grey-ish black but had shadows of purple and red mixed in. He was causing the rising thunderstorm. His feet had just left the ground when he was pulled back. Before turning around he saw that Xisuma had grabbed his elytra to stop him, ripping it in the process and rendering him flightless. Or so it seemed.

He turned around angrily, seeing the phantom membrane in his brother's hand, and two massive black shadows for wings ripped out of his shoulderblades, spread out wide. Xisuma stumbled back, falling, his eyes locked onto him.

They were filled with fear. Pure fear.

The only sound was the sky, and lightning flashed above the clouds before coming down and landing next to him. EX stared forwards, trying to be certain in himself. Scar reached them first and grabbed Xisuma to help him up, and Mumbo and Impulse arrived shortly after, both stopping and staring at his form.

Shadows began to spread from his feet and he instinctively knew that his skin was paling and hair was turning black. He might've tried to stop it, but what was the point now?

"Xav... what..." Xisuma tried to speak. The four hermits were slowly backing away, although in Xisuma's case it looked more like Scar was convincing him silently to. Mumbo and Impulse pulled out their swords, watching him carefully as though he were an animal. He raised his hand slowly and purple flames started dancing between his fingers. They were scared of him. They would hate him. They probably already did.

"Xavon, don't do anything you'll regret." Grian's voice said. All of the eyes on his enormous wings opened and he turned to see the blond and Pearl just arriving. They put themselves in front of the others.

"Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'd regret anything." He said, before he wrapped his magic around the offending hermit and threw him into the G-Train about fifty blocks away.

"GRIAN!" Mumbo yelled, and went to run after him, but Impulse pulled him back. Pearl remained still and confident while the others backed away more.

"It really, really doesn't have to be like this, you know." She said.

Protect the hermits. Grian told her.

"No, it was always going to be like this." EX dismissed, before lighting his hands on fire again. It was funny, in a way. Of course it would be like this. He would never have anything better. He would always be doomed to a solitary life, hated by everyone. It was funny that he'd ever tried to avoid it.