Chapter 2 : Cuffing Season

" Biiiitch , that dress looks good on youu " Jayd said as I stood in the mirror looking at myself . . .
" Ughhh I don't know Jay its a bit short . . . Not to mention how revealing it is. . . My mate will think I'm a hoe. " I said unsure.
" No he won't , hell think your beautiful ".
" Awee shuckss . . Thanks Jay. "

Early today me and Jayd wen't to tge mall to find our birthday outfits for tonight.
Tonight I was wearing a , black flowing dress that tied in the middle of my back. Leaving a lot of my back exsposed. The front of the dress was showing my skin too down the middle between my breast were strings holding it together. I wore black leather thigh high red bottoms. Black looked good against my caramel skin. My hair long and naturally curly due to my parents being black and puerto rican. I wore no make up just lip gloss. I had to admit I look breath taking. I was just worried that my mate wouldn't want me.

" Your welcome girl. " Jay said finishing her natural looking make up.

Jay was wearing a , navy blue dress that was tight fitting at the top and fanned out at the bottom with blue wedge heels. Which looked good against her pretty brown skin. She wore her hair up in a messy bun.

It was our birthday and as you can tell we were ready to show out.

" You look fly too. Your mate is going to be one lucky guy." I told her.
" Oh hush Lah Lah , your just trying to butter me up thinking I'm tell you were we're going." She chuckled.
" Speaking of which , were are we going ? "
" Nun yah , you'll see when we get there . . . Now lets go. . . " she said pulling me down the steps.
" Alright Ma , we getting ready to go. " I told my mother as she greeted us at the door.
" Ok you two. . Be good , and remember you have to be home by 11. You're going to shift at midnight. " mom told us.
" Ok , we'll be home before 11 , " Jayd assured my mother.
" I love you girls. See ya laters " she said as we walked up to the waiting cab.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"OH MY GAWDDD JAY , I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU BROUGHT ME HERE , how are we going to get in ? " I yelled at her.
" Easy , we're already on the list " she said as if it was all simple. As if she hadn't brought me to one of the dopest night clubs in Ohio. As we entered the club I seen all the handsome guys out there. I was wondering if one of them were my mate. We headed over to the bar.
" Ok Jayd. Don't forget my brother , Kahlil is meeting us tonight. So don't get too crazy . . . He's very protective of me. " I told her.
" Oh hush. Here drink this. " she said handing me a shot. Which I took the head. No one knew this but Jayd and myself were like champion drinkers. We could drink and drink and drink and still be able to go.
" Whew that was strong. Lets hit the dance floor. " I said pulling her out to the dance floor.
We danced for about 3 songs then headed to the bar for another drink and to rest.
When we sat down I seen Jayd atart to sniff the air and I see her eyes beginning to change colors.
" Jay , are you ok ? " I asked getting worried. It was only 9 o' clock. We didn't have to be home for another 2 hours.
" Yea , I'm good. I just smell something really sweet. . . Its overwhelming. " she said to me.
She looked around the dance floor and I looked around with her. But my eyes landed on one person. A person I never seen before. . . He was beautiful. His milk chocolate skin tone and his fresh cut waz everything. I could see the muscles that was all over his arms and his tattoos. His lips looked soft enough to kiss. His eyes were stuck to mines the whole time. I could see his green eyes start to blacken from across the room.
Me and Jayd whispered at the same time
" MATE " we broke our trances to look at each other.
We had found our mates. And at the same time. And obviously my mate noticed too because he was headed my way.
" Oh my god. Hes on his way over here. " I mumbled as he faught his way through the crowd to get to me.
When he reached me he took me into his arms and looked into my eyes and muttered the words I wished he'd say.
" Mate , You are MINE ! " He said and kissed me. Taking my breath away.
I broke the kiss and stepped out of his embrace.
" Hi , I'm Laylah " I introduced myself.
" I'm Demetri , " he said back.
" This is my bestfriend Jayd." I introduced them.
" Jayd , this is my MATE . Demetri. "
" Its nice to meet you , " Demetri said to Jay.
" Nice to meet you too. "

" Now Mister, allow me to make this clear. I do not intend to move all fast with you. I'm not one of those kind of girls. " I said.
" I know. And I don't expect you too. I love a woman who respects herself and demands it. "
I giggle.
" What a beautiful sound. May I kiss you again ? " he asked.
" Yes." My voice came out im a whisper.
I loved him. Already. I don't know how was this possivle but already I was ready to devote my life to him. He was mine and I was his.
I broke the kiss. " Come on . . Lets go dance"
" Ok. But I must warn you. I've heard that I'm an amazing dancer. " he said.
" Good , then that means I don't have to baby-step you through it. " I said laughing.
" Nope. But I may have to baby step you. " he said leading me to the dance floor. We danced for 3 songs then headed back to our seats at the bar to check on Jayd. We were almost there when I seen someone run over to her and pull her into a kiss.

As I got closer I couldn't get a good look at him because they were too busy sucking faces. When they let eachother go I realized whom her mate was. . . .

It was my brother. Kahlil.

Next Update : Friday ( Tomorrow)