Letting My Anger Out Again

"I'm so sorry to hear that though." Mia mentioned after she finished muttering. "I have no idea what you should do."

"It's fine." I reassured her. "I'm glad that I was able to talk to you about it at least."

"You know, people are so unprofessional and irresponsible in our town." She told me. "I hate it. It's so hard to find people who care. Barely anyone cares about anything that doesn't involve them."

"I know." I sighed. "Well, thanks for your time. I really appreciated it."

"Your welcome. Have a good day, Skylar, even after what's just happened."

"You too!" I told her as I ended the call.

After I put my phone back into my pocket, I looked up into James' eyes. I glared at him, causing him to look away.

"W-what's wrong?" He stuttered with a slightly nervous expression on his face.

"You work here." I stated, feeling the anger starting to slowly rise in me like lava in a volcano. "As someone who works in a hospital, you have a responsibility to take care of the patients here, don't you?"

He began to back away as I stepped closer to him. Miles just observed from the sidelines. He was leaning against the wall and I noticed him inching away from us.

"Y-yeah, but," James put his hands in front of his face in defence.

I didn't let him finish. "You let my mom, a mentally unstable patient here, just run away! You don't know whether she's going to kill herself or murder someone else before that! But I bet that you don't care! No one here cares about anything! I only know a few people who actually care. Guess what, I don't even know if my one mom is one if those people."

Without warning, I grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to me. "Why didn't you stop her?"

When he tried to break free, I hit his face as hard as I could, and then kicked him to the floor as I let go of his collar.

I gave him a final hateful glare as I took Mile's arm. "I don't have time for a bastard like you. I've got more important issues to investigate!" I then led Miles out of the hospital and guided him away from it.

I sighed loudly as we walked to the bus stop.

"You're really violent and scary sometimes." Miles told me.

I watched him shiver slightly before I felt a bit bad. I answered softly, "I'll only do that type of thing to people who deserve it."

I watched him tremble again. "Sure," He replied in an unsure tone.

We reached the bus stop after a couple of moments. I was distracted since there was a lot going on in my head.

"Skylar? Hi." A voice said.

I saw that it was one of my classmates. She was sitting at the bus stop with some boy that I didn't recognise.

"Hey, Raven. How are you?"

She shrugged and glanced at Miles. "Is that your boyfriend? You're the last person I'd expect to get a boyfriend."

"Really? Why's that?"

"I thought you'd be more into girls."

"You really thought that."

"No. I'm just joking." She laughed and then said, "No, I was actually being serious."

I nodded and then asked, "You saw what happened to our school right?"

"Yeah obviously. Everyone around here knows."

"How do you feel about it?" I asked as I noticed the bus approaching

She looked in my eyes and answered, "I guess I'm glad. No one likes our school except for the teachers, parents and crazy people."

"Same here." I said.

We all got into the bus, which was almost empty except for a few people.

"This is my brother, Rye." Raven introduced once we were sitting in the bus.

"Yeah, hello." He said in a sleepy voice.

"He's always tired." She added. "We just went to view the sea today for some time, and somehow that made him sleepy!"

Rye was leaning against the window with his eyes closed. Somehow, he must have already fallen asleep since he didn't react to Raven's description of him. That, or he accepted her words as the truth.

Raven was a girl in my class who I didn't usually speak to. She sits at the back and has a lot of friends, unlike me. She's also smart and friendly to everyone. I view her as similar to me, yet the total opposite at the same time.