Gray's Perspective.

I've liked Skylar for quite a long time. I thought that by helping her, we would become a lot closer. I don't think she's noticed my feelings for her, even though I made it as obvious as I could.

My heart was beating fast in my chest as we all walked through the forest towards the boat. We all had a lot of fun. Now, it would be time to say goodbye.

"By the way," I began. "I'm not going with you guys. I decided that I'm sick of alternating between staying there and staying here. I want to stay here. This is where I belong."

The other two stopped walking.

"I can't believe it!" Miles exclaimed. I expected him to say something like that.

Skylar looked a little confused. "Oh? Well, I guess if that's what you've choosen, that's fine."

There was a hint of sadness in her expression and voice. It made me so overjoyed to see that she'd miss me too. I quickly hugged her. I told her, "Yeah! Promise you'll visit me sometimes? We can call as well from time to time."

She nodded. The hug lasted quite long as neither of us wanted to let go. And then I thought, "It's funny how relationships in general work out. I mean, think of your favourite person, or even your best friend. There was a time when you didn't even know them. Think about how you met. Think about the journey you made to have become as close as you currently are. It's wonderful. It's beautiful. It's life."

I finally let go of her, knowing that she would want to leave.

She looked deeply into my eyes as she said, "Gray, thank you for everything. You and Miles are such great friends to have. My life wouldn't have been the same without you both. I'll definitely come and visit you soon. Until then, keep taking care of yourself. Goodbye."

Her eyes then were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. They were ethereal and crystalline.

"Bye Skylar." Was all I had left to say as I watched her enter the boat.

"Miles, you better come back after this." I muttered to him.

"Really, Gray?" He whined. "I want to try something new too, just like you both. Can't I try living in your old town?"

I considered for a second, then said, "Ok, only if you keep Skylar good company. She'll let me know if you don't, then I will hunt you down myself." I grinned evily as he trembled at my words. Then I smiled sweetly, "Bye, Miles."

I love how the way I know how to scare Miles. He's always so funny when he's scared, especially when it's because of me.

I stayed for a few more moments, gazing at the boat until it swiftly began to drift away.

I'll see those two soon. Until then, I've got plenty of work to be getting done now that the fun's over.