Argument

It didn't take him long to come back with food. "Hello!" He exclaimed as he reached us.

"Hey," Miles and I replied. We opened our eyes to see him kneeling on the ground level with us. There was a bright smile on his face and a box in his arms.

"Gray, we've got news for you." I began as he gave us slices of pizza and fruit.

"Go on." He encouraged, already starting to eat.

I considered for a second, then decided. "I'll tell you when we finish eating."

"Ok."

We ate for some minutes. When we finished, I showed him the messages. I observed his reaction. He seemed disappointed or disgusted. Something like that. For a couple of moments, he was silent as if in thought or shock.

"I can't believe this." His tone of voice changed. It was darker and deeper, almost sounding more brutally honest. "I really can't believe this." He repeated.

"What?" I inquired.

"I've never met your mom, but from your first mention of her, I already knew that I didn't like her. That opinion hasn't chamged." The darkness and deepness didn't leave his voice. There was even a bitterness in it now.

"What would you know?" Miles spat, irritated. The irritation in his voice contracted so much with the shyness he displayed when I first met him.

That's when I knew. There was about to be an argument.

"I'm sorry, Miles. Repeat yourself." Gray ordered candidly

"What would a psycho like you know about a woman like Skylar's mother? You think you know people so well, but you don't. You have no empathy at all!" Miles was close to shouting, but he seemed to be struggling to maintain his composure.

"Yeah? That's what you think. Well, what would you know?"

Miles clenched his fists. Gray noticed, and added, "Do you really want to fight with me right now, Miles? I don't mind putting you in your place. You need to understand that I care about people. I care about you. I care about Skylar."

"You care?!" Miles lost it and screamed.

I held Miles' arms and pulled him back. I didn't want the two to start fighting. I especially didn't want it to be because of me. "That's enough." I announced to both of them with authority. "None of you are in the wrong. Miles, I can see your perspective. Gray, I can also see yours."

"No you don't." Gray replied almost immediately. "If you did, you wouldn't be leaving me to go back to her."

"Is it wrong to forgive?" I asked. "Is it wrong to give someone who has hurt you a second chance?"

"You... You..." Gray looked weak, as though he had a lot to say, but couldn't get the words out of his throut.

"Mhm, you're speechless now?" Miles taunted Gray.

"Shut up" Gray whispered. "I'll only let you two go if one of you win a fight against me."

Miles and I shared a quick look. I spoke up, "Do we really have to? Please, isn't there a more peaceful way around this?"

Gray shook his head. He stepped up to Miles, glaring at his eyes, before unexpectedly choking his neck in a quick second.

Miles was fighting to break free, but was very unsuccessful. Gray's grip remained tight.

"Save your allie then." Gray said. "Otherwise, he'll be dead and you'll be stuck here for the rest of your life with me."

So, now I fight. For my freedom.